ANYONE ELSE ADDICTED TO CHEESE?

Options

Replies

• DreamSM85
    DreamSM85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You should try the 1000 day aged Gouda at Trader Joe's! So good...mouth watering! haha
  • fivecardstudpts
    fivecardstudpts Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ooh me. I love cheese. My fav i think is probably the old standby broccoli and cheese sauce. Yum.
    Jessica
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    Seriously LOVE cheese!! I try to stick with the mini Babybel light snacks for after workouts and such...I get my fix and it doesn't thow off my calories for the day!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese several times a week. Small portions are good for you!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    The smell of Parmesan arouses me. HALP :(
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I loveee cheese, especially mac & cheese, which is doubly terrible. I usually just eat it anyway, but not every day & (I try) to eat smaller amounts.

If you want lower calorie cheese, I think feta cheese has the least calories (feel free to correct me, anybody, if I'm wrong). Cheese also has protein, so that's one plus!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    [
    "
    I will never live without cheese. I would be so sad."
    [/quote]

I too would much sadness feel :(
  • ZombieBubbles
    ZombieBubbles Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. Queso has been the hardest for me to resist and I work around it.
  • sclarktiw
    Options
    I slice old cheddar into 1/8" slices lay on a plate and microwave it till it melts....then I eat the melted cheese...

It is better for you because the fat and cheese separate and you dont eat as much fat! (at least that is what I tell myself and it does make sense)

I LOVE CHEESE...
  • rmarie98
    rmarie98 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    YES. I LOVE cheese... but like you, Im lactose intolerant (either that or I have a dairy allergy) and have the same reactions that you do after eating cheese/ice cream/drinking milk/etc. so I don't eat it anymore :(

If I was ever hungry, Id go straight to the deli cheese in the fridge.. but now I will have pieces of turkey or some sort of protein that fills me up as well as cheese, OR just have one slice...

Another problem is, dairy makes me bloat REALLY BAD and I hate it, so because of that, I avoid it all together and my stomach bloat has gone down so much! It really makes a difference, trust me...
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options

-Does the pope wear a funny hat?

:)

I friggin love cheese but found it not only wasted my calories but was binding. You get a little older and regularity moves up the list of things you love. So I gave it up. After a while I didn't miss it.

Give yourself some time without it and you may lose the craving. Another helpful approach might be to watch a video on how they make cheese, or at least used to. It involved taking spoiled milk and pouring it into the internal organs of farm animals. After it turns into something more disgusting than vomit, with time it becomes cheese.

There's a reason they call it cheese. Did that help?
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Dolcellate, Danish Blue, Gouda, Mild Cheddar, Colliers Cheddar, WEndsleydale, Brie, Camonbert, Smoked Austrian, Applewood smoked Cheddar, Huloumi, Feta, Dairylea, Parmesan, STILTON, Shropshire Blue, Gorgonzola, Red Leicester,Double Gloucester...hmmmmmmm cheeeeese *dribbling now*

Don't like cheese with fruit in much though..or marmite. Although I do like fruit and cheese and marmite :drinker:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    add wine to it and its a double whammy. YUM!
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Is it milk products in general, or have you tried goat cheese? Some people are allergic to cow milk, but have no probems with goat milk.

If you are lactose intolerant, harder cheeses are normally better. That's because the lactose comes away in the whey, which is left-overs after making cheese. If it's the fat, I would recommend having a good look at your entire diet. If cheese is a large source of fat, you may be reacting to the fat, not the milk. Try to avoid other types of fat, and eat cheese for a few days, then try to get as much fat from other things, and avoid cheese for a few days - and see what happens.

Personally, I tolerate fat much better after I cut processed carbs out of my diet. It's all about figuring out what makes you feel better.

And if it is really cheese that's the problem, then you have my deepest sympathy, and best wishes in the hunt for a new favourite food.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. Queso has been the hardest for me to resist and I work around it.

Yeah yeah... cheese whatever... Um, is that Joe Manganiello with you in your profile picture? F cheese, I want some of THAT!!
  • Ashellini
    Ashellini Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cheese and will never give it up! I definitely have cut back on how often I eat it though and will try and get my fix with the Laughing Cow cheese as I do like it (but it's just not the same!)
  • Sexyf28
    Sexyf28 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    OMG! I LOVE Cheese. I'm the same...I would put it on everything if I could. I miss it......
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Big-puffy-heart-love for cheese!
  • betmcb10
    betmcb10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to cheese and definately have an intolerance for the more fatty varieties, SOOO one of my other problems is most high fat items give me stomach upset D:
  • betmcb10
    betmcb10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

-Does the pope wear a funny hat?

:)

I friggin love cheese but found it not only wasted my calories but was binding. You get a little older and regularity moves up the list of things you love. So I gave it up. After a while I didn't miss it.

Give yourself some time without it and you may lose the craving. Another helpful approach might be to watch a video on how they make cheese, or at least used to. It involved taking spoiled milk and pouring it into the internal organs of farm animals. After it turns into something more disgusting than vomit, with time it becomes cheese.

There's a reason they call it cheese. Did that help?

OH GOD.
    Yeah, hahaha that definately did XD
    HOW NASTTYYY