31 days and 9 lbs later

Options
I am at the point where just the thought of working out makes me tired. I started finding excuses not to do it. I don't know if it is just a bad week which it may be (PMS) but right now I just want to sleep. Any ideas on how to get energized and motivated without supplements. I am doing it all natural this time and hope that that way it stays off.

Replies

• metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I just try to get it over with in the morning so I won't have to worry about it for the rest of the day. Sometimes it helps to schedule it in.

Getting enough sleep at night will help with feelings of tiredness. Take a multivitamin if you think you are missing anything. Exercising will also signal your body to become more awake and energetic afterward.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Possible you're just not eating enough
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I agree that maybe you're not eating enough. However, TOM affects women differently. I used to be extremely fatigued for a couple of days before I started. I chose to use days as rest days. Hurray for my hysterectomy. I don't have to deal with that crap anymore. But I digress. Maybe you could try increasing your calories and see how you feel. Or try a different workout.
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel tired around my cycle too. I just accept it and rest. Obviously my body needs it. Just be sure not to over do it on the food too! Don't sweat it; It will be over and you'll be feeling back to normal in a few days.
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I was getting up pretty early in the morning to workout at home before getting ready for work, but I have been blowing it off for the last several weeks. Its cold outside (I know, not an excuse) and I end up hitting the snooze. But I'm still logging in all calorie intake but someone needs to yell at me in the morning to get up on days I work.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I tend to do a light aerobic workout on those days. For most, light exercise can even relieve some of the symptoms like cramping.

Have you been incorporating regular rest days? If not, it might be time to start.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I was getting up pretty early in the morning to workout at home before getting ready for work, but I have been blowing it off for the last several weeks. Its cold outside (I know, not an excuse) and I end up hitting the snooze. But I'm still logging in all calorie intake but someone needs to yell at me in the morning to get up on days I work.

You need one of these http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=1KqkSSgo5ds&desktop_uri=/watch?v=1KqkSSgo5ds
  • Ashellini
    Ashellini Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I found I was tired, weak, etc when I was not eating enough calories. I have since upped them and am feeling 100 times better. Sometimes I feel tired but once I force myself to get to the gym I am so much more energized. I would love to be able to work out before work, but it just doesn't fit into my schedule.