1200 calories a day?

Options
Is this healthy? 1200 calories a day? No more than that? If I eat a couple hundred calories extra do i have to exercise them off to lose weight? How does that work?

Replies

• erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    First off, what is you goal lbs to lose per week? (and for the record here, many people find 2 lbs per week to fast an not maintainable)

Second, whatever you pick has your deficits input already, so eat back your excercise calories.

Third, read the Roadmap.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

It will explain everything you need to know.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out the link from the above poster, but I thing you need to eat more than 1200 calories a day. Set your goals for a pound a week...you will find it easier to reach your goals and keep the weight off.
  • RiverSong14
    Options
    I logged 1200 net calories a day for a good three months (with a cheat meal every other week or so). It did get the weight off quickly, but I wouldn't recommend it unless absolutely necessary (for instance, meeting weight requirements to get/keep a job -- not just to look good for spring break). It can get stressful counting calories so religiously, and dropping down to 1200 from your usual probably won't make you feel the greatest. After I met my requirement, I began gradually upping my calories and I now have it set for only a pound weight loss a week. I'm still losing weight, but I feel SO much better, both physically and mentally, and I am able to focus on making realistic lifestyle changes that I can maintain.

In sum: Set your goal to a pound a week. Feeling good is well worth the extra time it will take :)
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    It worked for me to lose 30 pounds