Bumping to read later. :flowerforyou:
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    My 'happy weight is 10 pounds heavier then my goal weight. lol
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am not putting too much stock in that quiz - it was not designed very well. For instance, they asked "Have you recently quit smoking?" with yes or no as a choice. So that means that someone like me who has NEVER smoked would click no, but someone who was still smoking 3 packs a day would also click no. Fail.

I agree with the overall idea that many people's ideal weight is more than some number they are fixated on in their heads, but that little quiz was junk.
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    My happy weight is 140.4lbs
    My Current weight is 148lb so not far to go now
    Although my eventual goal weight is 126lb, but I think I will get to 133lb and see how I feel.
    I have been 140lb before and still felt I could lose a few pounds, so we will see
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this was great, my Happy Weight is 131 and my goal is 135 so I wasn't far off for it.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My Happy weight is 130, not too far away!
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    I had to adjust it,I checked my frame size,and my happy weight is only 3 pound heavier then my goal weight. :D
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.....interesting. My "happy weight" is right where I currently am. I want to lose about 5 more pounds though.
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    http://www.self.com/health/2008/01/find-your-happy-weight

You ( or they) are right. I do think this would be my "happy" weight. I've been down to 160 before and felt good at it but the doctor , or my mom, sister, etc would always be like, "ok only 30 more to go" and I would get so discouraged I'd balloon back up again. I think sometimes, people who have always been size 3 have NO idea what's really going on!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a happy weight. What they're basically saying is "This is a weight that is healthy for you (from a BMI perspective). It may be heavier than you're 'ideal' weight (that is, if all women 'ideally' wanted bodies like supermodels- not all of us are looking for that), but it's a weight that 1)Is realistic 2)You could maintain 3)You'd feel good about yourself at.

My target weight is 125 because that's the weight I was pretty consistantly at, before I had kids. But when I took this quiz and got my happy weight I remembered when I WAS 135 pounds. I looked really good, I had lots of energy, I felt happy. And the more I thought about it the more I realized, heck, YEAH I would be happy at that weight. Sure, I'd prefer 125 (I was tiny then, wore AWESOME clothing!) but I'd also be constantly working to stay there. 135 would require a lot less restrictions, would allow me more freedom- but I'd still look good.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a happy weight. What they're basically saying is "This is a weight that is healthy for you (from a BMI perspective). It may be heavier than you're 'ideal' weight (that is, if all women 'ideally' wanted bodies like supermodels- not all of us are looking for that), but it's a weight that 1)Is realistic 2)You could maintain 3)You'd feel good about yourself at.

My target weight is 125 because that's the weight I was pretty consistantly at, before I had kids. But when I took this quiz and got my happy weight I remembered when I WAS 135 pounds. I looked really good, I had lots of energy, I felt happy. And the more I thought about it the more I realized, heck, YEAH I would be happy at that weight. Sure, I'd prefer 125 (I was tiny then, wore AWESOME clothing!) but I'd also be constantly working to stay there. 135 would require a lot less restrictions, would allow me more freedom- but I'd still look good.

I liked it too, for me, as the difference was a mere three pounds, it reaffirmed that I had already set a perfectly reasonable, healthy, attainable goal.
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    My happy weight is four pounds above my goal. This was very interesting - I am right on track with my thinking. My goal is 125 and I am comfortable with anything under 130.
    awesome!
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Interesting
    My "happy weight " is the exactly the weight I WAS when I came here?
    Believe me when I say I was not happy.