Your thoughts.....

Options
I have been working out and dieting since Jan. 6, 2013. My starting weight was 175.6 and it has not changed. I'm working out 5-6 days a week for an average of about 45 min. I'm a 39 year old 5'6 female. I definitely feel better as far as strength and endurance goes. However, the way my clothes fit hasn't even changed. I really want to lose 30 lbs. b/f I turn 40 (which is September.) Originally, everyone was telling me that I was not eating enough so I started eating back 1/2 my burned calories. I've figured out my BMR and TDEE and am trying to stick w/a caloric intake of approximately TDEE-20%. I really thought the weight would come off fast b/c I am eating so much better and my activity level was very light b/f Jan. 6.

Does anyone have any thoughts/advice? Feel free to look at my diary.

TIA

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think the eat/don't eat back your burned calories is what screws everything up. Some people do better eating everything back, some people do better eating none back, and other fall in the middle. It is a crapshoot, really. Especially since we are just estimating what we burn.

I am an inch taller than you but also started at 175. I was essentially an idiot and ate too little (1200 cal) in the beginning because I didn't know any better. Once I figured it all out, I found I lost weight and felt good staying at 1400-1500 calories per day. This included some exercise calories, however I don't do big burns. Just a daily brisk walk and pilates a couple times a week. If you are running 5 miles a day or doing some heavy lifting, obviously your miles may vary! This may be of no help at all to you but I figured I would share my experience!