Just curious

Options
Hi everyone,

Was just wondering which kind of workingout is better

A full body workout six days a week (moderate of course). OR
A strenuous workout focusing on a couple of parts twice a week as in shoulders n arms on monday, wed etc

Im not talking serious muscle/body building here, that def requires the latter but for general weight loss n toning, what would work for you?

Replies

• tinassofit
    Options
    a full body workout... its not moderate but full on... works for me. and I like the feeling of changing it up every day.. I've been sticking to my cardio everyday and adding something new or alternating days i do crunches, sit ups, push ups... etc...
  • MomiTia
    MomiTia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yeah your bfbm workout actually prompted my question, i could finish just half of it, though i startted after the shred but it is intense n icant do any weight training if i do that kind of a workout so was wondering where my gals should lie :(
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I do weight training M/W/F and cardio T/Th/Sat and rest on Sunday. I got my workout plan from bodyforlife.com It has been a huge help. I think weight training is very important for weight loss. Lifting weights builds muscle and muscle burns the fat.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is different with this - but I also would say when you mean "full body" if you are talking about weights, then rest is a good thing - even if you alternate days by doing cardio...
    I do 3x week strength training (free weights mostly) and 3-5x week cardio.

I think people alternate body parts because it gives a chance to rest the "other" part so recovery can happen.

(I'm no pro but this has worked pretty well for me)

good luck
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I do Stronglifts 5 x 5 on Mon, Wed and Fri and light cardio on alternate days. There is a group here on MFP called Stronglifts 5 x5 for women. There is also a group for New Rules of Lifting For Women I believe.

Strength training with heavy weights is good for muscle retention and body definition. Whilst eating at a deficit you cannot 'bulk'

There are lots of questions and answers on the group pages.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    I have heard for bigger muscles, it's better to do less long workoutsand to tone and shape bursts for high energy activity for less time.
  • MomiTia
    MomiTia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I do Stronglifts 5 x 5 on Mon, Wed and Fri and light cardio on alternate days. There is a group here on MFP called Stronglifts 5 x5 for women. There is also a group for New Rules of Lifting For Women I believe.

Strength training with heavy weights is good for muscle retention and body definition. Whilst eating at a deficit you cannot 'bulk'

There are lots of questions and answers on the group pages.

Good luck :flowerforyou:

Will be looking that up definitely, thank you :)