Snoring gone after weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• Buzzatronic
    Buzzatronic Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    GF has said she hasn't heard me snore in ages since I started losing weight.
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Completely gone. My wife couldn't be happier. Along with the kids, dogs, neighbors....
  • grandma091809
    Options
    My brother was. Snoring badly and had sleep apnea prior to loosing weight. He now does not require a mask and no longer snores.
  • joe_d
    joe_d Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    APNEA the most overdiagnosed "disease"in america

Perhaps. But it's a pretty simple problem to diagnose correctly, so I'm not sure why you're saying this. In my case all it really took was a pulse-ox sensor on my finger overnight, and it pretty clearly showed the significant dip in blood oxygen as a result of not breathing while asleep. And it was happening a couple of times per 2-3 minutes. Of course, that was followed up by a night in the sleep clinic where they did the detailed diagnosis and worked out what I needed.

While snoring can be an indication of apnea, it isn't always the case that if you snore you have it, and vice versa. I never snored, but would wake up in the mornings sometimes with a headache and feeling like I'd been in a battle, and I'd be tired all day. The bigger problem is that over the long term there's an increased risk of high blood pressure and even heart disease.

So if there are folks who think they suffer from apnea, I recommend you not take it lightly. Get it checked out and treated if need be.

When I go in for my next checkup I'm going to ask if I can get that pulse-ox test to see if my apnea is gone--hoping that's the case!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I haven't woke myself up snoring lately so I think it has stopped or decreased. My kids stopped asking to sleep with me because of my snoring.