60 days and 43 lbs lost

Options
Stdavis53
Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
60 days into my weight loss journey. I never imagined I would have lost nearly 45 lbs in such a short amount of time. It's finally starting to kick in that I am finally going to follow through in getting healthy. I'm looking forward to signing up for adventure runs and hiking through Glacier with my beautiful family.

Thanks for the tools and extra motivation Mom. I love you! Thank you to my beautiful wife Tracie for loving me, no matter what I looked like. I love you! Thanks to my friends on here for the kind and motivating words. I know I won't let you down.

Most importantly however, thanks to me for finally deciding enough was enough and that it was time to change my life for good. I have to many great things in my life to let my health get in the way of. I am proud of myself, and it has been a long time since I have been able to say that.

Who knows, maybe soon i'll have the guts to post some before and after pictures :)

Replies

• Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a lot of weight in a short time. What's your routine? How did you do it?
  • Stdavis53
    Options
    Maintaining between 1500-1800 calories. Drinking 18+ cups of water a day. Exercise nearly every day. And using a Fitbit Ultra to help track my daily activity and keep me accountable for burning a good amount of calories every day.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing accomplishment!! Congrats!
  • IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    congratulations that is a great accomplishment! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • chicken2v
    chicken2v Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wow!,, That is amazing! So happy for u!
  • ldbuster0
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!
  • sharonKay65
    sharonKay65 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I am so happy for you in your success! I plan on being another success story, and it really is the people on here just like you that keep me motivated. I know we can do this, this site makes it easy for me to track everything and watch my progress I love it!
  • pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Maintaining between 1500-1800 calories. Drinking 18+ cups of water a day. Exercise nearly every day. And using a Fitbit Ultra to help track my daily activity and keep me accountable for burning a good amount of calories every day.

Are you sure you aren't flushing out all the electrolytes and salts your body needs to function with all that water? That's about 4 liters of water per day...

by the way, congrats on your success.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Look at you! You've accomplished so much in a short amout of time and YOU sir, are an inspiration to me. Great work!
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good work.I'm glad to hear it is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Keep up the positive changes.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous! I'm doing pretty much exactly what you are, except I'm not drinking nearly as much water. To be remedied pronto!! Thank you for the inspiration!! :smile:
  • jogamile
    Options
    Great job. Did you monitor/control P/F/Carbs. Am new to MFP, however have been using Fitbit One; however not getting the results you are. Am questioning sensitivity to carbs.
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    great success story. way to go. congrats.
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options

Are you sure you aren't flushing out all the electrolytes and salts your body needs to function with all that water? That's about 4 liters of water per day...

You need 10-15 liters in a day to cause problems, I believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    You are truly rockin' it, congrats!
  • Stdavis53
    Options

With my weight, that is more along the lines of what is required to maintain healthy body function. Down the line, when I've lost quite a bit more, I'll definitely be more conscious of water intake,etc.
  • Stdavis53
    Options
    Look at you! You've accomplished so much in a short amout of time and YOU sir, are an inspiration to me. Great work!

Thank you for the kind words! I'll try and life up to it!
  • Stdavis53
    Options
    Great job. Did you monitor/control P/F/Carbs. Am new to MFP, however have been using Fitbit One; however not getting the results you are. Am questioning sensitivity to carbs.

I have my diary set to monitor Protein, Fats, Carbs, Calcium, Fiber, and obviously calories. I never have any issues with eating above my goals on the Fats or carbs, but almost always go over on Protien, calcium and Fiber. My Diary is open to the public. Feel free to browse it to see what kinds of foods I usually eat to keep the good nutrients up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!