Women with not much to lose...

Options
I'm 5'5.5", 131 lbs, and 21 years old. I want to get down to 120 or so. Was wondering if anyone has similar goals, and any before/after pics? I'm what some people would call "skinny fat" .. i do not have a lot of muscle mass, yet quite a bit of fat to lose. I would appreciate the success stories since I feel like these 10 lbs are feeling pretty hard to lose......

Replies

• KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks. Joined. Didn't know such a group existed.
  • rjpittner
    rjpittner Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm pretty similar to you and looking for a fresh start/motivation! I am 5' 3", 130 lbs. I know I'm not fat, but I am definitely not "fit." There was a time when I really was in great shape, being a cheerleading captain for 3 years and playing volleyball for 7, but I now work at a desk 8 hours a day 5 days a week and don't ever feel motivated to exercise (or eat like I should). Feel free to add me! :)
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"6 and about 128-130ish. I was at 113.6 lowest but that was done in an unhealthy way. I would like to get to 120, maybe 115.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Im only trying to lose 10 lbs. I'm 5'9" and 150 and 139 is the lightest I can get and still be within a healthy range. I went from 160 to 147 last year from Jan to March and kept it all off until the holidays when i let 5 lbs slip back on.

I go to the gym on my lunch break. I dont have a lot of time so I either run for 30 mins or I do 30 mins of weights. Its a good stress reliever!
  • sradchenko
    sradchenko Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me find a forum...I have about 15 pounds to lose and at 5'4 that would get me to 130 which, because of my history as a competative athlete and a strong body is about where I was in high school (and a size 2). I am also 43. So I guess any forum for mature women who are already very fit and have only fat to lose would be helpful :o) Asking too much?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    At 5'5 and 135, I thought I still had another 10 pounds or so to lose, but I really just needed to switch from running and light weights to running and heavy weights.

135-front.jpg

135-back.jpg

That wasn't a direct path, though. I lost some more, gained some more, lost some more, gained some more... I didn't do a purposeful bulk or cut cycle, more of periods of more motivation and less motivation. :laugh:

fb-cover.jpg

But the main thing is to not get hung up on the scale.
  • carrieous
    Options
    Can someone help me find a forum...I have about 15 pounds to lose and at 5'4 that would get me to 130 which, because of my history as a competative athlete and a strong body is about where I was in high school (and a size 2). I am also 43. So I guess any forum for mature women who are already very fit and have only fat to lose would be helpful :o) Asking too much?

Im 39 and pretty fit
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    At 5'5 and 135, I thought I still had another 10 pounds or so to lose, but I really just needed to switch from running and light weights to running and heavy weights.

135-front.jpg

135-back.jpg

That wasn't a direct path, though. I lost some more, gained some more, lost some more, gained some more... I didn't do a purposeful bulk or cut cycle, more of periods of more motivation and less motivation. :laugh:

fb-cover.jpg

But the main thing is to not get hung up on the scale.

Dang, that's awesome! I don't know the first thing about lifting...... and i'd be afraid to do it at my gym.. :/
  • carrieous
    Options
    wow you look great!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Dang, that's awesome! I don't know the first thing about lifting...... and i'd be afraid to do it at my gym.. :/

Thanks!

No one knows the first thing about it before they start. :smile: It's like riding a bike... only easier. When you learn to ride a bike, you expect to fall down and get hurt. When you start lifting weights, you begin with a weight you can manage, and only add more when you can add more and maintain good form. When you can't lift it or can't keep form, you stop or go lighter.

Here's some groups that can help you get started. Lots of great information.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/771-women-strength-training

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 132. I started out a little above 137 and its taken me months to lose 5lbs. I've recently started lifting weights and if you need some info you can send me a FR!!
  • rsward
    rsward Posts: 45
    Options
    bump
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    No before/after pictures yet. I spent my first year doing mostly cardio and infrequent, light weights. Not surprisingly, I didn't end up with the super strong, well-toned body that I desired.

I'm pretty much done losing weight and am focusing on building strength and endurance. (Read: weights and running) Feel free to send me a friend request, as it sounds like we have similar goals(ish)