Loving MFP

Options
A friend at work introduced me to MFP a few weeks ago. I "offically" signed up on Monday of last week and fell in love with the website!! I found myself actually WANTING to excersize! I went for at least a half an hour walk every day last week and it felt GREAT to get away from my desk. Not only did I feel good physically, but it helped to clear my head mentally. I got sick Saturday night and have not been able to go out and walk since. I find that I am more depressed about not getting out to walk than I am about actually being sick. :) Anyhow, I had my first official weigh in this morning and I lost almost 2lbs. It is no a huge amount for someone who has about 80 to lose, but I felt good about my accomplishment. My goal is to start walking again tomorrow and hopefully drop another 2 this week as well.......... Thank you everyone for dropping your thoughts on the message boards.... I find that sometimes the success that you share is the will power I need to step away from the cookie jar, and your struggles keep me from feeling alone in my own challenges!!
Have a good week everyone! You guys are fabulous!

Replies

• julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep it up--this site can be addicting. :smile:
  • nmotsinger
    Options
    I started MFP about 8 weeks ago and have lost about 16lbs so far. The best part is the bit that you mentioned about being excited to work out and how much better I feel in general. I am so very aware of everything that I eat now and love having a support system online. Congrats! Keep it up!