6 ingredients or less

Options
emanismom
emanismom Posts: 27 Member
Hello MFP friends. I am trying something new. PESCATARIAN!!! I just wanted to know if anyone has any good (not just add veggies to rice or pasta and BAM!) dishes that use 6 ingredients or less. I am looking for a good fish or eggplant parmesan recipe, anything that I can adapt to no meat (I use eggplant or tofu for chicken and I eat seafood). Please and thank you. Oh....and any good deserts are much appreciated! Trying to lose 80lbs :noway:

Replies

• sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Extremely simple. Catfish pan cooked with pam spray and seasoned with any type of Mrs. Dash you like. Boil up some couscous and steam some broccoli. On the Broccoli, add a smart balance light margarine and garlic powder... YUM!

Sorry but this is one of the best ones for me....
  • sambam816
    sambam816 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Parmesan Crusted Tilapia:

Ingredients:

Tilapia Fillets ( I use the ones from Wal-mart as they're individually sealed. I just take out two packs from the freezer and throw them in the fridge so they're ready when I get home)

Olive oil - I only used .5 tbsp for 2 filets. A little goes a long way!

1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Any sort of seasoning! I used a little bit of garlic salt & italian seasoning

Directions:
    1. Heat oven to 450.
    2. Place fillets in baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle on your seasoning and layer with the paremsan cheese.
    3. Bake 20-30 minutes until the parmesan cheese is slightly brown.

I just made this for the first time this week and it was amazing! The parmesan cheese added such a great flavor to the tilapia and I felt like I was eating something fried but without all the calories & guilt!

Hope you enjoy it : )
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options

Ingredients:

Tilapia Fillets ( I use the ones from Wal-mart as they're individually sealed. I just take out two packs from the freezer and throw them in the fridge so they're ready when I get home)

Directions:
    1. Heat oven to 450.
    2. Place fillets in baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle on your seasoning and layer with the paremsan cheese.

I just made this for the first time this week and it was amazing! The parmesan cheese added such a great flavor to the tilapia and I felt like I was eating something fried but without all the calories & guilt!

That ... is... awesome!!!! I buy the ones from Sam's but they have breading, too, which really ups the calories... and more sodium. THIS is going to be GREAT!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

Ingredients:

Directions:
    1. Heat oven to 450.

This was simple & good. Right up my alley.