Weight lifting gloves?

Options
2»

Replies

• CheChe518
    Options
    Walmart, targets and sporting goods should have them. I have one padded pair and another that are somewhat thin (pink n gray so cute)
  • medeamama
    medeamama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have lightly padded fingerlerless Nikes too, and love them. I actually got them because I have carpal tunnel, and do my pushups & planks on my knuckles, and I would slide on my mat when I sweat, and the gloves prevent that.

I use them for classes where I may be using weights or doing planks or whatnot, and am ready for anything. I felt a ;ittle silly at first, being the only one in class using them, but they do help. I still have developed a bit of a callous on my knuckles from walking out, but it's worth it because I don't slide around.

And they really do help me grip the weights better.

They are a cheap investment. Try them!
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I used a regular lifting glove to help NOT to damage my hands. However, I found that my grip and forearms werent stong enough to keep up with the weight I was trying to move, especially when working my back. My back muscles dont want to wait for my grip to get that strong. So I bought Versa Gripps. $50 but a fantastic investment. Now I can work hard without my grip giving up.
  • MCinSoCal
    Options
    I'm always on a budget, found a decent enough pair at Ross for 5 bucks, I've also seen them at Marshall's and TJ Max for similar pricing. The sporting goods stores are usually way too high on their prices unless I've got a coupon, hope that helps and good luck!
  • Loftearmen
    Options
    You can use liquid chalk at just about every gym since it doesn't make a mess on the floor.
  • wesbaugh
    wesbaugh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found UnderArmour gloves at D1cks Sporting Goods in North Atlanta and they work well. They look thin, but they help you grip very well.