Reaching forty

Options

Replies

• Danardeener
    Options
    I feel as good as I did when I was in my twenties!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    In two years, I'll be 60. Suck it up and live every day gratefully. I'm in much better shape than I was 20 years go. And I'm much smarter.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I will be 45 this year and I have been in the best shape of my life since I've been in my 40's. I think the only issues that I have is I am starting to develop allergies. Never had em before. I do feel great though.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    some good looking 40-50- year olds in this thread!!

And then there's me. :)
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I will be 45 this year and I have been in the best shape of my life since I've been in my 40's. I think the only issues that I have is I am starting to develop allergies. Never had em before. I do feel great though.

You look fabulous! Awesome job. I will be there before 40....and will NOT be going back again. I have lost 70 lbs. and I can certainly do this again (I don't have 70 more lbs. to lose) but, I know what it takes and have the determination.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    some good looking 40-50- year olds in this thread!!

And then there's me. :)

How do you know she wasn't talking about you? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And "good looking" is not just based on looks.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    A hair on my chin. Hate it.
  • TillyNix
    TillyNix Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Only some arthrosis in the neck and stomach activities both related to stress at work. Beside that, I was great until 48 when I had the auto-immune >evil< inflammatory disease. I became happier and it went away, shows you how stress and emotions are directly related to your body. Good luck :-)
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 last year - improving my health was the best thing I could have done, but recovery from ANYTHING is a bit longer - be it drinking, workout or whatever...
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 in December and I have to admit I do need way much more sleep than I used to, but then I've probably not had a full night sleep since I had my eldest coming up 6yrs ago which may also have something to do with it.

I've also had to accept that I must go with my natural skin colour (English rose with a smattering of pale Irish) as I'm not prepared to risk getting wrinkles from sunbeds any more :ohwell:
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Just turned 45 and I keep noticing all these 25-ish guys hanging around.

You look good for 45, I'd be over the moon if I had young guys hanging round me, lol!!!
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A hair on my chin. Hate it.
    really!! I made my kids promise that when I was old and in a nursing home that they would come and take that off. I told them don't worry about the diaper just get that stuff off my face.!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I have always been in decent shape and active. Not too many injuries or problems. Until 40. Two weeks after I hit the 4-0, threw my back out. In just the last few years I've REALLY noticed it is easier to gain weight and a lot harder to lose it.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    On my way to 42, and I feel healther than I've felt in a long time, I just have a few more aches in the morning than I used to a few years ago, but I chalk that up to more activity rather than age. *I hope* :)
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    well I am 46 and I can still get my leg behind my head, but its not as easy as it used to be :laugh:

I also notice it takes longer to recover from things, I just started pole dancing and it takes me some time for the sore and stiff to pass afterwards!
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    Helping with sore and stiff is my specialty honest it would be no problem
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Helping with sore and stiff is my specialty honest it would be no problem

lmao well...I have a jacuzzi tub for that, but thank you lol

I should point out that I am also a Grandma :wink:
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    Hey don't knock the grandmas you look great also jacuzzi. Smuzzie
  • befitnow3
    befitnow3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    In two years, I'll be 60. Suck it up and live every day gratefully. I'm in much better shape than I was 20 years go. And I'm much smarter.
    Ooh that inspires me!! Lol. I'm 45 and loving it. Bit stiff in the morning but nothing a bit of stretching can't fix. Have many many blessings that I'm grateful for and looking fwd to feeling a lot better once the weight comes off!!????????
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't trade my age (42) to be in my twenties again.... So happy with my bod, mind, maturity, life experiences, et al. I'm way sexier (in the global mind/body) scope of things now. :)