MyFitnessPal is the new Facebook

Options
It's 2010, people... social networking is invading every part of your life. You can get Facebook alerts on your iPhone and tweet pictures of your daily life across the globe in seconds from your Droid. You can connect with your long lost best friend from 3rd grade and with your 3rd cousin twice removed from 4,000 miles away.

What you can't do, is find any place other than MyFitnessPal that is going to help you get your life back, and do it with support and positivity from complete strangers who have nothing to gain by helping you. I go on to my Facebook to catch up with my closest friends, and I realize that no one there (except for 6 of my family members who are also MFPers!) cares about whether or not I meet my next goal. If I post on Facebook that I met my calorie goal or lost 0.4 pounds, I am not going to get a single "way to go" or "nice work." But I can come to MFP and people I've never met will share in my happiness over even the littlest triumph, and if I have a bad day, they can come up with hundreds of ways to cheer me up in an instant.

I come here more often than I go to FB because it brings more value to my life.

Thank you, everyone!

Replies

• littlelisa24
    Options
    lol yes i have to say i agree!
  • spomaney
    spomaney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I concur lol! Once again I'll say I absolutely love this site and its been a bookmarked webpage on my blackberry since the begining. Luckily my best friend is on here as well, but I'm also motivated by all the new friends I've made here. MFP is a godsend!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I agree! I check this site waaaaay too much, alot more than facebook :laugh:
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    i totally agree with you. i stopped going to my other network such as myspace, and facebook.
    i got rid of a lot of other social. before i found this.
    and this is the main one i go to. everyday. :)

so i got 4 different ones. but i think this is more value than any others.
    cause of all the people wooting and cheering and the motivation and the great atmosphere that brings
  • MiekeJ
    MiekeJ Posts: 139
    Options
    Well said!

I can't agree more, Its just fantastic!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree! Actually I only check FB when I get email notification, here, I log on religiously, at least 3 times a day!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i came on here right now just to check out the message boards. up late and sick, can't sleep :(

does anyone eat more when they are sick? i know i do. i totally ate a piece of cake and a bacon sandwhich when i got home from school...unlogged. :)
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Facebook isn't nearly as cool... Yay for MFP!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fatguitarist
    fatguitarist Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I totally agree.... I'm very thankful for MFP
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I agree too. I only check facebook about once a week yet I am on MFP almost 4 or 5 times a day.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    What's Facebook?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Vallandingham, my thoughts exactly!!! I definitely agree with you, method. :) MFP is so much better for my psyche!!! lol I do get congrats and good jobs on Facebook but those are usually from friends who eat right and work out as well. :P
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    No FB for me at all...but this place Im on all the time
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Woot! for MPF! I love it...got rid of my myspace and FB a long time ago...this is where I can come and be uplifted and uplift others. I love this site...I check it first thing in the morning and leave it open all day at work just to check in when I get a chance.
    Thanks Mike and Al for all the work you guys do!
  • lulu64uk
    lulu64uk Posts: 62
    Options
    Properly not very PC these days but my other half does keep asking me if I'm on "Fatbook" again !!!:laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    That's so funny. I agree with the others, I'm on MFP a whole lot more than I'm on Facebook. I'm so glad I found this site. Love you all. :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Properly not very PC these days but my other half does keep asking me if I'm on "Fatbook" again !!!:laugh:

I think that's hilarious!