"Real Age" NSV

Options
I just got done taking my 'Real Age' assessment. (realage.com) The last time I did it was one year ago - just before I started with MFP. I've made some changes in the last year -- I'm eating better (still not great, but better), I'm exercising, I'm handling stress differently, and I quit drinking diet soda. Thanks to those changes, I've lost 23 pounds, lost almost 7 inches from my waist (for a shortie like me, that is a big deal!), I smile a lot more, and my 'Real Age' has dropped 8 years!! But here's what's even better ---- all of the things that I had listed as 'health concerns' one year ago (chronic migraines, recurring joint pain, fatigue - to name a few) are not concerns at all any more!! My joints don't ache, I wake up refreshed, and I honestly don't remember the last time I had a headache! It's easy for me to get lost in the day-to-day stuff that is involved with getting healthier - exercising/measuring/logging, and to get frustrated when the numbers don't change as quickly as I would like. I had forgotten how truly 'yucky' I used to feel every single day - and realized that I do feel REALLY good now! It's encouraging to see the kinds of changes that are reflected in something other than a number on the scale or a size label in my jeans. I am hopeful that I can update that assessment again one year from now and see even more improvements. :smile:

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!