Just looking for supportive friends

Options
Hi. I'm 5'7 and weigh about 190. I'm looking to fit into my size 10 jeans! I wore those four years ago. After my 3 year old daughter was born I went through some depression. Depression=eating lots & no motivation. I'm past that though. I'm on a mission to get fit! I've been trying to go to the gym 3 times a week for lifting weights, walking the treadmill, & the eliptical machine.

I live in KS and the weather has been kind of crazy. It's warm for a few days and then snow and ice on the ground and 20 degrees. On nice days I try to get out and walk my dogs or go hiking at a local trail.

I'm just here looking for others who are on a mission to lose weight and get healthy.

Replies

• alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from Overland Park. Feel free to add me.
  • knitincrazee
    knitincrazee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello... Sounds like you are on the right track... Good luck!
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Hello! I totally understand about the crazy weather! We've had it here too. Take those steps to exercise is KEY! :) You may not want to or may feel too tired, but the feeling after you exercise is SOOO worth it!! YOU CAN DO IT!! Feel free to add me as a friend.:smile:
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! i'm 5'5, currently 216 and 1 month into a primal lifestyle. i haven't started my gym workouts yet, i'm working up to them. i have some uk size 14 jeans i want to wear, roughly a us size 10 so we kind of have a similar goal.
    i'm in illinois and dealing with similar weather to you - i feel your pain! 4 degrees just isn't cohesive with a long walk with the dog on a friday afternoon :angry:
  • jnmscott
    Options
    Hey everybody. I am 31 with a husband and 2 girls age 4 and 7. I am trying to get back down to 150 lbs and have a ways to go. I would be happy to offer support to anyone in exchange for the same. Feel free to add me and let's kick some butt on this journey!!!
  • Dollymaker
    Dollymaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Add me, too!

Just moved to Florida from Nebraska. I totally get the crazy weather! LOL

I signed up here in December, but just started working the calorie plan on Sunday.....so far, so good.....75 lbs need to GO!!!
  • Just_Plain_D
    Options
    Add away. Always here.
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    FR sent. If anyone else would like to add me feel free. :)