Sundae or no Sundae? That is the question

Options
I am very much craving a Mcdonalds sundae with extra fudge right now. I've been trying my best this whole week eating right and doing Jilian Michaels 30 day shred since 1/27/2013. I am going to do it tonight as well, but I don't want to slip or mess up. Decisions, decisions. Help me out wonderful people.

Replies

• titanium2012
    Options
    Distract yourself with something else, anything else. Once the feeling passes (it will), you will be so glad that you didn't give in.
  • Destinee704
    Destinee704 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Distract yourself with something else, anything else. Once the feeling passes (it will), you will be so glad that you didn't give in.

Thanks! I will definitely try my very best.
  • jillbean1217
    jillbean1217 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No Sundae! I've been doing the 30DS too, and I only burn 200 calories in a workout. Do you know how many calories are in a mcdonald's hot fudge sundae with extra fudge. FIVE HUNDRED. Do you wanna do Jillian three extra times? I suuuure as hell don't. Just say no!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt + cocoa powder + stevia
    130 calories + 18 g of protein
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Can you make one at home? It would be half the calories I bet.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I keep Edy's fruit pops in my freeze....they are a good alternative to the sundaes lol
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    probably not what you want to hear - but if you can make it fit into your day, have the sundae.
    last week i had two banana spilts and didnt go over calories. still on track.
    if you cant make it fit, have something similar. go get some frozen yogurt and some sauce and make a small one at home with less calories.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Totally this. Or add some pb2 or peanut flour (the latter is cheaper and no added sugar) along with some stevia and a few tbsp of oatmeal.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    I would if I could afford it (caloric.) If not I'd go with the frozen Greek yogurt.
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    Figure out if you really crave the particular taste or just something sweet, cold and creamy.

Option 1: See if a substitute works- put a 140 calorie Greek yogurt in the freezer for 2 hours and eat that instead.

Option 2: If you decide it's really Mickey D's you want, then PLAN to eat it TOMORROW.
    As long as you LOG IT & stay honest with yourself, and make good choices the rest of the day to balance it/stay in calorie range, once in a while is not going to hurt you. No guilt, no shame, move on.

One sundae is not going to make or break you.
    If you order the sundae- no drive thru. Go inside, order, and sit inside to eat it. Eat is slowly and enjoy the flavor because you made a choice to enjoy this. Nothing is off limits... you have to just plan it and life is good.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Totally this. Or add some pb2 or peanut flour (the latter is cheaper and no added sugar) along with some stevia and a few tbsp of oatmeal.

Adding pb2 and/or instant coffee are my favorites!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • Destinee704
    Options
    No Sundae! I've been doing the 30DS too, and I only burn 200 calories in a workout. Do you know how many calories are in a mcdonald's hot fudge sundae with extra fudge. FIVE HUNDRED. Do you wanna do Jillian three extra times? I suuuure as hell don't. Just say no!

Yeah, I need to stick to the plan and keep my eyes on the prize.
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    IIFYM

Yyyyyep.
  • Destinee704
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support. I think it is a good idea for me to buy some popsicles just in case I may have an urge. Also have to put it into my calorie log daily. Can't do it today maybe have that popsicle tomorrow.