"I love myself today!"

Options
Bif Naked has a great song, energy-filled, called "I love myself today". It's worth a youtube search.

Anyway, one thing I have learned over the years, is to do small things as symbols of love for ourselves, every day. I fail at this, often.

For many years, that 'thing' was eating some kind of dessert, or other fattening food. My mother blames herself for using food as a reward for me as a child. Anyway, I know I'm not alone in this-

So I thought I'd start a thread about the other ways that we can reward ourselves, or show ourselves some appreciation.

Today, I painted my fingernails and toenails.

Small thing. Simple. They're royal blue. No food reward, no money spent.. just a simple thing.

What have you done for yourself, lately?

Replies

• wendyannhall
    wendyannhall Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I get a pedicure once a month. Some see it as frivolous, I see it as necessary... it makes me so happy that I can't NOT do it! :D
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I used to get acrylic nails. It was my hour and a half of ME time, every three weeks. I gabbed with girls, drank water, and spent time away from my phone. It was good.

But after a year and a half of them, I just didn't want to have them on any more. This is my FIRST manicure that I've given myself, since having the fakes removed in January. It felt good.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to a massage. Right now it's for medical reasons, but when those clear up, I still get them periodically just to de-stress and remember I'm worth the time.
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My piece of love for myself today was signing up here :happy:
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Friggin-A, Chandni.

:) So glad you did.
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    I took the time to try a new makeup look today. It felt good to try something new.
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    Today for me, so far I'm about to paint my nails. Today I haven't done much for me...saddens me a bit..It's been all about others...

OH WAIT! I know I washed some clothes today, then once clean I put on my pretty panties! Sounds weird, but I have these sexy/pretty panties and then the pain icky ones for that one week each month, haha. I got to put my pretty panties on today and since no one else is home, I get to wear them around the house. I know that no one will see them, but I am happy that they are freshly washed!

hmm...I feel it to be a bit weird to be excited to wear my pretty panties. I hope I'm not alone.
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Today for me, so far I'm about to paint my nails. Today I haven't done much for me...saddens me a bit..It's been all about others...

OH WAIT! I know I washed some clothes today, then once clean I put on my pretty panties! Sounds weird, but I have these sexy/pretty panties and then the pain icky ones for that one week each month, haha. I got to put my pretty panties on today and since no one else is home, I get to wear them around the house. I know that no one will see them, but I am happy that they are freshly washed!

hmm...I feel it to be a bit weird to be excited to wear my pretty panties. I hope I'm not alone.
    \
    You are SO not alone.

I know exactly what you mean.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I resisted the urge for ice cream and got frozen yogurt. This is my "me" treat because I know it's healthier for me and yet I still get to indulge in something tasty and sugary... I got the choo choo chocolate which if I didn't know I was at a yogurt place, would have thought I was eating soft serve chocolate ice cream, it was delicious. I went a little over on sugar because I went for a TINY bit of cookie dough on top but it was a nice little alternative.

Also, I repainted my toenails the other day BRIGHT red. I love it. I feel ready for summer now (yeah yeah, it's only January - shaddup).
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Arielle- good for you! Sometimes a little indulgence is a good thing.

And the toenails are right up my alley- I love bright colours!
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    You are not alone!!!! I love pretty panties!!! Different colors, etc. :smile:
  • aippolito1
    Options
    I, too, love the pretty panties. I got this cuuute pair at Target that I seriously wear every couple days (I have to wash my clothes often because I only have 2 shirts I can wear to work - so these panties get washed a lot! Don't worry!). They're dark gray with BRIGHT metallic silver hearts all over and then two lime green bows on each hip. I seriously want to show all my girl friends when I wear them because I get so excited about them, lol! But yeah, sexy panties are a MUST.
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    I, too, love the pretty panties. I got this cuuute pair at Target that I seriously wear every couple days (I have to wash my clothes often because I only have 2 shirts I can wear to work - so these panties get washed a lot! Don't worry!). They're dark gray with BRIGHT metallic silver hearts all over and then two lime green bows on each hip. I seriously want to show all my girl friends when I wear them because I get so excited about them, lol! But yeah, sexy panties are a MUST.

I have a black pair that have a heart-tattoo design (the one with the scroll across it that usually says 'Mother' or some such), that is entirely done in rhinestones. The scroll says "Sex". Not sexy, just "Sex."

I LOVE them. Gah.
  • aippolito1
    Options
    I have a black pair that have a heart-tattoo design (the one with the scroll across it that usually says 'Mother' or some such), that is entirely done in rhinestones. The scroll says "Sex". Not sexy, just "Sex."

I LOVE them. Gah.

Those sound awesome!!! :happy:

Well, I loved myself a bit more today. Last year I accumulated $17.50 in extra bucks on my CVS card (works like cash!) so I bought myself a new light pink long lasting lip gloss, some oil blotting pads for those greasy times, an eyeliner pencil sharpener (found my favorite sparkly green eyeliner and it needed some love!), and finally a 3-hole punch to start compiling all my recipes into one binder.

I feel relaxed and a bit accomplished now with my recipe binder coming together. Now I just need to work on printing out MY recipes and not just recipes I want to try or that I've found on the internet. Then when I have kids and they have kids and THEY have kids, they will have Arielle's recipes :bigsmile:
  • VictorianJade
    Options

I LOVE them. Gah.

Those sound awesome!!! :happy:

Well, I loved myself a bit more today. Last year I accumulated $17.50 in extra bucks on my CVS card (works like cash!) so I bought myself a new light pink long lasting lip gloss, some oil blotting pads for those greasy times, an eyeliner pencil sharpener (found my favorite sparkly green eyeliner and it needed some love!), and finally a 3-hole punch to start compiling all my recipes into one binder.

I feel relaxed and a bit accomplished now with my recipe binder coming together. Now I just need to work on printing out MY recipes and not just recipes I want to try or that I've found on the internet. Then when I have kids and they have kids and THEY have kids, they will have Arielle's recipes :bigsmile:

I LOVE the recipe book idea! Right on!