Heel Pain Question

Options
2»

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I do wear custom orthotics in my shoes and they and my shoes fit well. I'd rather it was caused by something as easy as a different pair of shoes!

Ironically, I did the custom orthotics by a podiatrist - they didn't help as much as the ones that were sold with extra padding. Weirdly, they just weren't good. I even had high end tennis shoes, tried various pairs and finally - the ones with the Vibram insoles helped solve my problem. Sometimes custom unfortunately isn't better. Sucks...that's why I suggested looking at your shoes.
  • lestod
    Options
    I have an article saved somewhere on my computer about how to rehabilitate a heel spur on the tread mill. I had tried everything I suffered over a year the ice the ball the rolling the shots the shoes the inserts did it all no relief. When I stumbled across this article and followed it..wallla pain gone..I need to find it..PM me if you want me to send it to you.

I am trying this! Thank you for the info. I started today.
  • CarolynJWedge
    Options
    Plantar Fasciitis can start after a recent increase in your activity level. I am a physical therapist and I have found great results with stretching the plantar fascia in you foot. My husband is a marathon runner and he had plantar fasciitis. He uses the JWedge to help with the stretch of the plantar fascia and it works great for him to do this stretch in standing. Hope this might help you.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, tonight I "tore" through some apparent scar tissue in the lower calf area during my pointe class. Now my foot is fully mobile and my heel has all but stopped hurting.

It's nice to be able to put full weight on it again.