5'2" shorty looking to lose 30lbs

Options
Hi! I'm a little short kid. Over the summer, I weighed about 135lbs and I felt great! I wasn't exactly "fit," but I liked the way I looked and that's what's important!

Flash-forward to now, about 6 months later, and I've gained roughly about 30lbs. I hate it. None of my clothes fit and I'm fed up with having to hide behind big coats or shirts and baggy pants all the time now! I'm tired of being asked if I'm pregnant and I'm tired of doing my...ahem....personal activities with the lights off.

I'm looking for some support and friends who will continue to motivate me! :)

Replies

• ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    Request sent! Best of luck, I'll support how I can.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 as well and I have about 30 lbs to go as of now, so we're in the same boat :)
    Feel free to add me so we can "feed" off of eachother. :)
    Good Luck!
  • Thanks! :) I can already tell that this is a very supportive community!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and have lost 28 lbs over the last 8 months (just a little bit more to go). I'm always happy to support another shorty like myself! Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • Lovemitch125, thanks! I think it's kinda funny that we're the same height, same goal weight, and your username is the name of my older sister's husband! :) How cool!

Thank you, jstout365! That's awesome that you've lost that much! Congrats!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    5'0" and trying to drop 30lbs too! Lets do this!!!!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    5'2 I was 154 before now I'm at 128.
  • I just can't wait to get this really started and start seeing some results!

It's nice having some shorties with similar goals to mine, and some shorties who used to have those goals and met them! Good job!
  • DonnaCarmody
    DonnaCarmody Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" also and that makes it more challenging with the weight loss. I have lost 10 pounds on here so far and hope to continue losing at least 10 more. Add me and we can keep each other motivated. Good luck!
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and need to lose about 60 pounds. My jiggly has never interfered with my personal activities as far as keeping the lights on. However, having more stamina for such activities would be nice. Request sent. We can do this.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    You've got me by inch, but I won't hold it against you.
  • The best I've done in about a year is made it so I only gained five pounds in two months. I really want to break that and start losing some weight!

himilayaneyes, More stamina would be nice!

Notfortyyet, I can't help it I'm a giant! Hahaha!
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request. :) I'm 5'3" and definitely have more than 30lbs to lose (try 55-60, ugh!), but I figured we could still help motivate each other. :)
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm 4"11 and have quite a bit to lose. I lost 50 lbs before getting pregnant and now a year after my son was born I gained back 40 of it. :(
  • xtanyx
    xtanyx Posts: 53
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am:

Height : 5'2
    SW: 174
    CW: 144
    GW: 130 ish?

Been stuck at the 140s for a while now!
  • dancindoc508
    dancindoc508 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and trying to lose 20bs!:) I love how supportive everyone is of each other.
  • cynfy16
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my starting weight was 156 and I was okay with how I looked, but I decided to lose weight mainly because of how I felt . So as a fellow short lady I understand how it can be annoying when the weight doesn't have anywhere to go but the bad places haha Remember if you want any change you have to change how you do things, just by using this website and apps you're on the right track and we are all here doing the same!! Good luck =)
  • Oh, I love this! :) Thanks for all the replies and support already! :D

CudyBug, I'm sorry that you gained a lot back, but you got a wonderful blessing out of it! Congrats and good luck!! :)

I'm very worried about the inevitable plateau, but I've looked all over the internet and a lot of people are saying that the tape measure means more than the scale, so I'll have to keep that in mind! :)
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    5'1" add me!
  • ardnajelatr
    ardnajelatr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm also 5'2", I started at 166. I am now at 148. For now, my goal is 140, who knows, depending on how I look when I get there, I might go for 135 too. Feel free to add me too.

(oh, and I know how it feels, I was also asked a lot if I was pregnant)

(oh, and the light thing too, lol)