% body fat, how to obtain goals?

Options
Okay so I FINALLY got my fatty measurements tonight. I have been exercising since March and have lost 46 lbs on my own but just within the past 2 months I have started serious strength/weight training (crossfit). I was surprised to find out it was 32%, I really REALLY wish I knew what it was when I started exercising almost a year ago. I bet it was easily 45-50. Darn. I am so mad. Any way how long did it take you all to see your percentage body fat go down? My ultimate goal is to be at around 21%. I eat clean I would say 80% of the time. How often should I recheck? Like every 2 months or so to see if I have made progress? I used to go by the scale but I really want to focus on measurements and % body fat now. Thanks for any advice and if you have any success stories I would love to hear!

Replies

• arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Just to give you an idea, when I started my "weight loss journey" in Sept of 2012, I was at 31.4% body fat. I did a 3 month check in at the beginning of December, and I was at 24.7% body fat. I just did another check in today ( cause I was curious!!) and I'm at 20.2%! So that's a loss of over 11% in a little less than 5 months.