Brand New- Need Help!

Options
I have no idea what I am doing! I just filled in my diary to the best of my ability. Anybody have tips? And i would love to have a few friends

-Alex,18, TN

Replies

• Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    FR sent. If anyone else would like to add me feel free. :)
  • absurdic
    absurdic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Alex, welcome to MFP! Here you will find loads of supportive and inspirational people and I find it to be awesome! My first tip is that you should try to log in _every_ day and log your food and exercise as accuratly as possible. That way you'll be less likely to give in to unplanned temptations like chocolate. When I face things like chips, take-away etc I just think "Hm, do I want that in my food diary?" and mostly the answer is OH HELL NO.

I'm sending a friend request to you, together we will kick some serious *kitten*! :)
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    Hey! Good morning! My best advice and advice you will probably hear over and over is to be patient. Remember this is not a diet but moving into a more healthy lifestyle. Try to log honestly. Remember every tool has its imperfections and this one is no different. For me, weighing daily makes me nuts. I weigh one time a week, around the same time, wearing similar clothes...ALWAYS on the same scale. Some people weigh daily. Exercise! This is the surest way to help lose. Stay mentally positive and look for triggers that prompt your eating. Avoid these triggers as much as possible for now. Take it slow. The healthiest weight loss is 1 - 2 pounds a week. Ready, get set, go! Best wishes!