new to MFP

Options
what do you do to lose weight?

Replies

• Ashiieepuff
    Options
    Exercise and eat healthy and watch your portions and the weight will take care of itself. It's all willpower, and if you can organize it here you'll find out your willpower is stronger than you thought! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I lost 40 lbs here!
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Your lifestyle that affects your weight is 70% diet and 30% exercise. This means that your diet is the most important thing that you can change to hope to want to get to that perfect body!

Make sure you make small changes in eating healthy - I've realized that just by switching from white rice to brown rice, white bread to whole wheat, bacon to oatmeal, chips to yogurt, you're already decreasing the caloric intake AND switching fats over to healthy proteins and necessary carbs.

Do not decrease your caloric intake by a crazy amount - it must be an incremental change through time as you slowly get your body used to eating less. If you suddenly decrease your calories by more than 500+ a day, you're setting yourself up for failure.

As for exercise, you can start small. Go for walks, take the stairs, park far away, sign up at a gym, do some pilates (www.blogilates.com) at home. Start for shorter periods of time and progressively get more intense with your workouts as you get more and more fit.

This is a lifestyle change, not a diet! A diet is temporary, a lifestyle change is forever.

Be patient. It takes 4 weeks for yourself to notice your own body changing. 8 weeks for your friends to notice and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Good luck! Friend request me if you need anything.