Why haven't I lost any weight in the past 2 weeks??

Options
I started using MFP almost 4 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks were AWESOME....I lost 15lbs. Needless to say....the past 2 weeks have not been awesome. I haven't lost any weight...not even ounces. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Am I eating too many calories? Too little calories? Please help!!!

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It may well just be your body adjusting to the massive loss the first two weeks
  • Tiffers1759
    Tiffers1759 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I wish it would adjust and move on then. I'm starting to get impatient...like maybe this isn't working after all. :( I'm determined not to give up....but how many days can a girl diet without progress!!!??? lol
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. After making sure I wasn't starving myrself or overeating, my friends pretty much told me to be patient. If you started working out your body may retain more water to heal your muscles. Also, muscle weighs more than fat. I havent done this because I don't have a gym here or a BF% scale but if you can get your body fat % measured and go by that instead of LBS you may see more changes. Also, take your measurements and maybe you will see a change there also. You can get one on amazon that hooks aroud tiself making it easy to measure around your waist for like $5. Dont give up because if you do you will wonder what you could have done three months from now and regret quitting! Also, if you are encorporating more healthy food and less junk food you are going to get helathier regardless of the weight loss. Feel free to add me if you want a buddy!
  • Tiffers1759
    Options
    Maybe it's my sodium?? I do like salt. Do you think it is okay to take a water pill?
  • LaChinaDoll
    LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    How did you lose that much in two weeks? Ive only lost two pounds :-(
  • Courtney24891
    Options
    I started using MFP almost 4 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks were AWESOME....I lost 15lbs. Needless to say....the past 2 weeks have not been awesome. I haven't lost any weight...not even ounces. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Am I eating too many calories? Too little calories? Please help!!!

How in the heck do you lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks..Don't even see that possible
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    That's a huge loss for two weeks. If you think it will always be that big then you WILL get frustrated and you will give up because weight loss isn't consistent and not normally that fast to come off (depending on how much you have to lose). You will have losses, gains and stalls. Be patient and take it slow.
  • Tiffers1759
    Options
    I'm not sure why/how I lost that much in 2 weeks. Weight has always come off fairly easily for me in the first week or so, ( I know, it's water ) However...I am a heavy girl. I started at 253 and now I am 238, so obviously the weight comes off a little faster...but not for the past 2 weeks.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's my sodium?? I do like salt. Do you think it is okay to take a water pill?

Do not take a water pill for the purpose of seeing the scale move - you will just be disappointed when you don't take it. Drink more water, eat less salt, and have a banana - your body will balance itself out if you treat it properly.

Weight loss is not linear, it is cumulative. Just keep eating properly, keep moving and the rest will come. Personally, I am creating my rewards system based on keep going: I will get a Yonanas in a few weeks as a reward for sticking with it for two months and to help me stay healthy when ice cream weather arrives.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    It's not a race. The weight didn't go on in 2 weeks, it won't come off in 2 weeks.
    If you are serious about weight loss, you're going to be here for a good while, and there will be times (weeks) that the scale won't move. Just keep plugging. I've been stuck at this weight for 3 weeks now, so I'm just getting out of the "I HATE YOU SCALE" mood. I feel better, I move better.. it will come sooner or later!
  • seaflyer
    seaflyer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you had too few calories and put your body into starvation mode. The "best" way to lose weight & keep it off is to go slowly. Like one or 2 pounds a week. Since you lost 7 pounds a week, you were starving your body & it will now try to save all the calories it can. Try just hitting your calorie goal per day, don't go under that top number or your body will think it's famine time. Good luck!
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Try eating back your exercise calories.. at least half if not more, especially on your big workout days. Your body needs fuel to continue to burn.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Its only a few weeks. This is all water weight except for a few pounds of loss.

You lost 15lbs. Lets say 2 are fat/muscle 13 is water.

You put back on 2 lbs of water today and lost 2 more pounds of fat/muscle

I am way way over simplifying here. Point is your super complex, you cant loose 15lbs in 2 weeks unless your like 500lbs.
    Just stick with it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Self-improvement of any kind is a process.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You haven't met your calorie goal. How can you know if your calorie goal is accurate or not if you don't reach it every day? You should be trying to hit your calorie goal within about 50 calories +/- every day.

I would give your *actual* calorie a goal a full month before deciding whether or not it's working for you. The only way to know how much to eat is through trial and error.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

How in the heck do you lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks..Don't even see that possible

I lost 18 pounds in my first 2 weeks, then it slowed to 2 pounds a week. It happens.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Don't take a water pill unless your doctor tells you to. Just drink plenty of water each day. That's much healthier than taking pills.
  • Tiffers1759
    Options
    It's very rare that I eat every calorie I am allowed. It seems that by the time I eat dinner that I still have around 200 calories left....do you eat your remaining calories even if you aren't hungry???
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I wish it would adjust and move on then. I'm starting to get impatient...like maybe this isn't working after all. :( I'm determined not to give up....but how many days can a girl diet without progress!!!??? lol

Don't think of pounds lost as the only "progress" you are making!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It's very rare that I eat every calorie I am allowed. It seems that by the time I eat dinner that I still have around 200 calories left....do you eat your remaining calories even if you aren't hungry???

Eat ice cream