Anyone like me?

Hi all -

I just joined today. I'm coming from a similar site that didn't have a "community" like this one. I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who's similar to me. I am 31, 5'10, 307 (highest weight) and I have PCOS and insulin resistance. Total apple shape. I've lost weight in the past, going from 220 to 160, then up again to 250 and beyond. If I don't stay on top of diet and exercise every single day my body will just lay on the fat. Underneath my fat I have a pretty muscular, athletic build so I am comfortable around 160-180.

I've tried different ways of eating - vegetarian, low fat, even raw. However, because of my metabolic syndrome the ONLY thing that allows me to lose weight and feel good is greatly restricting carbs. l can eat meat and vegetables, sometimes beans. Fruit isn't an option either. I've been able to get away with half a banana in a protein shake but that's about it. I'm hoping to meet some people here who are on the same path as me for support, to share ideas, recipes and motivation.

Please feel free to add me, I don't have any friends yet!

Replies

• Carrie_704
    Carrie_704 Posts: 24 Member
    Feel free to add me. I have some similar issues and can always use more friends.
  • LAURAWAGNER1
    LAURAWAGNER1 Posts: 11 Member
    Feel free to add me if you like. I too have PCOS
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Yes! I know all about the stress of having PCOS, I have it too. I'll be your friend. I may not be on here everyday, but I try to keep up with logging, just life gets crazy busy sometimes. I'll encourage you. We can do this!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Absolutely! There are TONS of us PCOS Ladies on here.....All dealing with the carb thing as well. You're not alone missy! :flowerforyou:
  • Yep, pcos and insulin resistant. I have 120 pounds (54kgs) to lose and been in MFP for 3 weeks. Feel free to add me.