What's broscience?

Options
I keep seeing that term thrown around and I'm not sure what it means. I tried google but found really conflicting information. Break it down for me, please.

Replies

• Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    from urban dictionary. I would say this is very accurate. lol

Broscience is the predominant brand of reasoning in bodybuilding circles where the anecdotal reports of jacked dudes are considered more credible than scientific research.

Broscience in action:

"Bro, you gotta slam 40-60 grams of waxy maize plus 20 grams of BCAA within 7 seconds of finishing your last set of squat rack curls. Otherwise, you'll go straight catabolic."
  • Hbazzell
    Options
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Haha, okay, I saw that one, but then the next one down seemed to say sort of the opposite so I just wanted to know for sure.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Hey brah!
    you'll get so swole if you drink a protein shake right before you lift then immediately after.
    Anabolic window is closing!
    Make sure you drink chocolate milk and eat 6 meals a day or you'll go right into starvation mode and all your muscles will fall off!

A few examples.
  • Hbazzell
    Options
    Hey brah!
    you'll get so swole if you drink a protein shake right before you lift then immediately after.
    Anabolic window is closing!
    Make sure you drink chocolate milk and eat 6 meals a day or you'll go right into starvation mode and all your muscles will fall off!

A few examples.
    Dan you need to change your profile picture. It is quite disracting. Then go drink 15 protein shakes and creatine. ;)