protein pancakes

Options
Bean615
Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
does anyone have a good tasting protein pancake recipe? i tried a basic recipe today with an egg, 2 egg whites and protein powder and it didn't taste so good. very dry. thanks!

Replies

• PiNgWiZaRd
    PiNgWiZaRd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try adding a drop of milk, half cup of oats and some light peanut butter after.Still slightly dry but very filling.
  • Flan656
    Flan656 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I make yummy protein pancakes with a scoop of protein powder, 2egg whites, half/3rd of a banana, a tbsp of oats.. Then while its cooking, throw on a few frozen/fresh blueberries- and serve with non fat Greek yoghurt! No dryness, nom nom.
    That's the recipe for one person anyways.
    We also found that different powders can be more dry than others so try swappin that about?xx
  • keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup cottage cheese 1/4 cup egg whites and protein powder...then whatever else if you wish to add fruit or whatever. Blend. Cook. Eat. Or 1 banana (large) 1 scoop protein powder 2 egg whites 1 egg...mix. Add whatever else if you wish. Cook. Eat.
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gsbrooks1
    Options
    bump
  • gracefika
    gracefika Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This morning I blended 1/2 cup quick oats, 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup egg whites - pancakes came out fluffy and tasty! Definitely prefer them over the oatmeal/egg whites. Lots of protein from the egg whites...
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Same as Keri3 said.....but I do 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1/2 cup egg white....and mix in some protein powder (1/2 scoop or so). Put it all in a blender or food processor and mix together. You can do all kinds of things to the basic recipe:

vanilla extract or other spices
    lime zest + coconut
    lemon zest + sugar free raspberry jam
    banana + walnut
    espresso powder
    cocoa powder + banana
    pumpkin + pumpkin pie spice + pecans
    blueberries + cinnamon

You can also make fruit syrups. I take 1 cup frozen blueberries and heat them up in a sauce pan. On the side mix 1 tsp cornstarch + 1 Tbsp water. When you get a little liquid in the bottom add the cornstarch mixture and heat until thickened.