New girl, need a huge change in lifestyle

Options
Hey everyone, I am new to here. I'm 21 yo, I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I am terrible with what I eat. I don't exercise at all. At the moment I am 132lbs, and I am starting to feel uncomfortable with my body. I want to be fit and healthy, and make myself proud. I have no tone, no control, and not as much confidence as I used to. I have put on 30lbs in the last 5 months by using food (mainly sugar) to get me through the day after coping with loss. Generally though I'm a happy chick. I am happy with who I am, but need to get in shape again. I feel like if I don't kick this in the butt now, I am only going to get heavier and more out of shape. A lot of the success stories on here inspire me, and I am at the moment on day one so any tips would be so helpful :)

Replies

• StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Most beginners turn right to cardio. It is good but it just makes a pair into a small pair. You have a beautiful figure now but if you look into weight training you'll have one that stops cars in its tracks.
  • gamingchick
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I have never even considered weight training!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Look up the new rules for lifting or look for the groups on here. Lift heavy, you won't bulk.