100 cal packs

Options
What are some good 100 cal snacks I could be eating that are not much sugar? Also what are some good snacks to make like a chex mix or a like a party mix that I could make into 100 cal snacks that I could bring to work with me. Suggestions please? Thank you!

Replies

• htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Try the 100 calorie single serving microwave popcorn, kettle corn etc. by Orville Redenbacher and others. They really hit-the-spot.
    Or a banana, apple or other fresh fruit.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    string cheese, yogurt, 1 oz nuts, orange, apple, grapefruit, and 100 calories pack of cheese are all things around 100 calories I find easy to just throw in my purse to bring to work for my snacks. Most of these I consider to have good carbs so I don't mind the sugar coming from them.
  • Mandee87
    Mandee87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love the Fiber One 90 calorie bars. One bar has 5 grams of sugar, and the fiber really does help keep you feeling fuller longer. Quaker Mini Delights 90 calorie packs are also really good, and handy for on the go. The Chocolatey Mint kind taste just like Girl Scout thin mint cookies. Also Skinny Cow 90 calorie truffle ice cream bars are so yummy. I'm not sure of the top of my head how much sugar they have in them though. Hope this helps =]
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite 100 cal snacks are
    mixed dark fruits (raspberries, blackberries, red grapes, strawberries, etc.) topped with light cool whip.
    5 wheat thins topped with Babybel light cheese round
    Cranberry raspberry applesauce (actually only 60 cal, so could throw in about 10 baby carrots to make 100 cal)
    Carrots and celery with hummus(I just recently tried this, and it tastes like bean dip to me)
    100 cal pack of guacamole with baked tortilla chips (1/2 serving, then share with a friend or for snack tomorrow)

As far as chex mix, you could make your own or buy the Chex Mix big bag. Then as soon as you get home from the store, divide into snack-size baggie with 100 cal portions (a serving is closer to 140 cals, but if it says a serving is 1/4 c. aim for a little less and you'll have your 100 cals) Works great with other cracker snacks too... Cheez it, wheat thins, goldfish, Quaker crisps, etc.And it saves money over buying the 100 cal portioned boxes at the store.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie cups of frozen yogurt by Yarnell. I get them at Sam's. It comes with 24 cups, 12 each of chocolate and vanilla. Makes it simple to eat 100 cals of yummy ice cream like frozen yogurt. Not that you could throw that in your purse for later though, haha. typically I throw on a teaspoon of mini-chocolate chips or a teaspoon of chopped nut topping for an extra 25 calories.