Complete Body Cleansing Program from GNC

Options
OMG... I just started the first part of a 7 day total body cleanse from GNC... I had to take 4 horse pills and drink this HORRIBLE powder drink I literally GAGGED it down! It is supposedly going to cleanse my entire body including intestines, colon, liver and several other things... I am excited for the results but NOT excited for 7 days of drinking that CRAP! UGH! I have to take some pills with dinner, but I can handle pills... So just the mornings are going to suck! But anyway, I guess it automatically will help drop 5lbs if it works right (crossing my fingers) plus I have NEVER done any body cleansing before so excited to see if it really makes me feel as good as they say it does!

Replies

• taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just be careful of these liquid cleanses as they can be harmful and strip you of all vital nutrients that one needs to be healthy and function throughout the day. I don't generally trust those "store bought" cleanses as they just don't offer the substance you need to still be healthy.

Listen to your body, if it says enough, then let it be. I did a 3-day cleanse and lost 4.5 lbs, but wasn't starving myself or striping my body of nutrients.

Be happy to share my success with it. Best of luck.
  • TRThurston
    Options
    My friend and I did some research and this one replenishes the required nutrients (thats one of the 5 pills per meal) as it works... So hopefully I will be okay... I will follow up and let everyone know how it turns out! Thanks for the comment, hun!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    A much safer, much healthier alternative would be to up your fiber intake and do 1 week of super clean eating. I.E. no processed foods, lots of veggies, and very lean meats (chicken, fish...etc) and only good fats.

Not only is this a far more natural way to do it, it's far safer for your system, and just as effective. You could even take it one step further and use nothing but locally raise foods to ensure no pesticides.

I have no confidence in liquid cleanse systems, I have yet to find a 3rd party study or doctor (without a vested interest) that recommends these over a healthy diet.
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    Just be careful of these liquid cleanses as they can be harmful and strip you of all vital nutrients that one needs to be healthy and function throughout the day. I don't generally trust those "store bought" cleanses as they just don't offer the substance you need to still be healthy.

Listen to your body, if it says enough, then let it be. I did a 3-day cleanse and lost 4.5 lbs, but wasn't starving myself or striping my body of nutrients.

Be happy to share my success with it. Best of luck.

What was it that you did?
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options

I just sent you a message on what worked for me. I hope it's helpful.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have no confidence in liquid cleanse systems, I have yet to find a 3rd party study or doctor (without a vested interest) that recommends these over a healthy diet.

I agree with you 100%! I think the best way to cleanse is to just eat clean. I think the body is already built to cleanse itself and get rid of toxins.
  • kenya84
    kenya84 Posts: 41
    Options
    /
  • kenya84
    kenya84 Posts: 41
    Options

Can you send it to me as well?
  • emarcia28
    emarcia28 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

ooo me too please!
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    choosetobefit, one question... what did you do to get those abs!?!?! So jealous!
  • laurenbausch
    Options
    Let us know! I wanna try that out. . .I quit cigarettes but am trying to quit nicotine. It's hard, but I've heard those cleansing products work!!!
  • alisaperry74
    Options

Would you mind terribly sending it to me as well?
  • KoriBarry
    KoriBarry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Would you mind sending it to me as well? Thanks!!