Replies

• atgnat1
    atgnat1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lol, I hadn't even noticed the dates.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Frozen: Nuke them in a covered dish with a little extra water, add a dab of oil or butter, salt, pepper, etc.

Fresh: It depends! There are SO MANY options. Green beans, spinach, other greens: Sautee some garlic in oil, add the veggies, sautée for a minute, then add a few tablespoons of water and drop a lid on to steam.

But my current favorite is roasting. Which I've also figured out you can do from frozen, without thawing. Toss with olive oil (be generous), salt, pepper, assorted seasonings of your choice (chopped garlic, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, thyme, sage, rosemary -- but not all at the same time, obviously). spread on a parchment-lined sheet pan and roast at 350-425 (depends - higher is faster and gets things caramelized, but lower lets you put it in with whatever else your'e cooking.). Roast until soft and browning/crispy in spots. Time depends on heat and whether you start from frozen or fresh.
    You can roast cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, brussels sprouts, asparagus.
    Main tip: Use oil. DOn't be afraid of it. Don't try to make this low fat.