Strap on

Options
scribb
scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
How many have a chest strap on heart rate monitor, and how well does it stay in place while working out?

I just got one, and plan on wearing it for my first run in the morning. I got the polar, so I could pair it with my iPhone and some running apps

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Chest strap is the way to go! I have one, and as long as I have it adjust properly, it doesn't move during my workouts or when I run.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I don't use mine running (haven't yet anyway) but I use mine for Body Combat and I don't even notice it
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My HRM has a chest strap and pairs with my iPhone, it works great and doesn't move out of place - I use it mainly for running :)
  • HeidibooJB
    HeidibooJB Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar ft-60, and it stays in place through a high impact Zumba workout, no problem, and I sweat A LOT!!! It tucks right under my bra band, and I don't even know it's there. LOVE it!!
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    They stay on very well in my experience. The strap tightens (or loosens depending on what you need). Tighten it enough so that it won't slip but not enough to be uncomfortable. The only time I have to *really* tighten it is when I'm using it while I'm swimming. The contacts have trouble with the chemicals (in my pool at least).
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I've never had any trouble with my chest strap- even when swimming with it.
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Love my polar ft7. Never had the strap slip, it adjusts quite well and stays put.
  • TodayYesterday
    TodayYesterday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I never had any issue. It also usually was partially covered by my sports bra.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    They stay in place and I don't even feel it
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Never had an issue with it slipping and I use it for running and cycling outdoors along with Spinning and everything else I do at the gym.
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Love my polar ft7!! No problems with the chest strap. If using machines at the gym, there is usually quite a difference on the calories burned count. So glad I have it!
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Totally not the thread topic that first popped into my mind.
  • Zicon
    Zicon Posts: 27
    Options
    Except for two specific cases, I never have any issues with my HRM's chest strap. One, I'm a seriously busty lady and bra underwires can pop the transmitter off the band. Only had it happen once, and just outside my door, but still lead to a moment of panic trying to locate the transmitter... Two, when swimming it occasionally slips too far down to register properly.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    A nice 6 mile run this morning with my HRM. Only issue I had was i didn't wet the strap enough to start with and had to wet it again just before stepping out the door. Once I was running, it worked great.