weight gain

Options
I weighed myself and to my shock I had gained 2 lbs over night which can be disheartening. I was within my calorie range but I did have bacon for the first time in 3 months and altho I trimmed the fat off I assume there maybe a lot of sodium in bacon so just wanted to ask if you might agree me and think it made me hold water, and it should fall away in the next few days?

x

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Bacon is extremely high in sodium. Just make sure you're drinking a lot of water and avoiding other foods with higher sodium counts and the weight should come off in no time!
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    I agree. The bacon would make you retain water. You should only weigh yourself once per week and on the same day each week. If you do it more than that, you will drive yourself crazy - it will fluctuate.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Its most likely just water weight and will be gone tomorrow as long as you stick to your diet and exercise today!!! Don't let it get you down.... for it to be real weight you would have need to take in 7000 calories yesterday and i doubt you did that.... so its just water and it should come right back off as quick as it came on!!!:wink:
  • kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    thanks guys....yeh I did my daily run and stuck to grilled chicken and lots and lots of veg.....I know I need to weigh myself less but I always get excited to weigh myself 1st thing in the morning....I might try and hold out to make it every Friday morning.

Thanks guys for the encouragement. I love MFP users
    x