Polar HRM

lindsayrose
lindsayrose Posts: 35
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have had my Polar F6 for a little over 2 years now and the battery is starting to fail. Does anyone know how to get the battery changed or is it more cost effective to buy a new one. I can't find the manual to it and have looked on polar's website and can't find any info. If anyone has had to deal with this, any info would be great.

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    any jeweller can fix the watch if it's the watch battery (heck, I did it myself and mine works fine), as for the strap, can't do anything for that. You have to send it back, which, if I recall correctly, costs about as much as getting a new one if you are out of warranty (2 years old, I'm pretty sure yours is out of warranty)
  • How do you know which battery it is? On the watch face the numbers are faded and there is a low battery symbol, does that mean the watch?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Creative Health Products, chponline.com, is the main authorized US Polar service center. You download the service forms from their website, send in the watch and/or strap and they send it back in 7-10 business days. Cost is $12 per battery.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Creative Health Products, chponline.com, is the main authorized US Polar service center. You download the service forms from their website, send in the watch and/or strap and they send it back in 7-10 business days. Cost is $12 per battery.

ooh they do the strap cheap too? I was unware. Is that the cost even for the F6 that doesn't have the removable battery?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member

ooh they do the strap cheap too? I was unware. Is that the cost even for the F6 that doesn't have the removable battery?

That's for the watch battery or the replaceable battery on the softstrap.

I don't know about their regular prices anymore. They used to have some pretty good prices on Polar products, but I think Polar has tightened up their discount policies among their vendors in recent years and I don't think there is much flexibility anymore.
This discussion has been closed.