what a normal day use to be?

Options
scm1991
scm1991 Posts: 14 Member
Im just curious about other people and why theyre here.
What was a normal day for you before MFP?
How many calories did you consume daily that made you think "omgosh! i need to watch what i eat!"
I would GUESS i probably ate upwards from 2300
=/
i maintained the same weight (296lbs) for about 2 years
i feel like.. jesus what was i eating? i dont feel like i could have eaten that much per day and now that my daily goal is 1510 and i see how much food that actually is i feel like holy cow how did i manage to hold that much in my stomach because some nights i have to push my self to even eat 900cals

Replies

• Wolf_
    Wolf_ Posts: 442
    Options
    A normal day for me, was posting without getting banned from the forums. This is so much better.
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    two rolls in blackpudding and square sausage. at 10am
    chips and cheese can of coke a butter roll and a chocolate bar at 1pm
    pizza chips and beans for dinner at 7pm
    roasted cheese for supper at 10pm

:devil:

plus around 20 coffees.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    A normal day used to be eating what ever I wanted, feeling guilty about it, but not guilty enough to care to track it. Probably why I gained 15+ pounds in 6 months. Horrible!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    soooo much processed and fast food - lots of cheese and crackers and random snacks. Plus of course the alcohol. I wont cut out my alcohol but Im trying to make sure it stays in my calorie goals now instead of drinking 10 beers,which of course leads to crappy food choices as well!
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    Just thinking about what my days used to look like makes me feel literally sick to my stomach, I'm glad I will never go back there, ever.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Ehhh...pretty much the same thing it looks like now, except there was a lot more smoking, and far less meat, bars, and shakes; more bread, sugar, and...you know, I just realized that I don't even really remember what I used to eat, and that was only five months ago.
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    A normal day used to be eating what ever I wanted, feeling guilty about it, but not guilty enough to care to track it. Probably why I gained 15+ pounds in 6 months. Horrible!

^^ This!

Eating and drinking what I wanted, whenever I wanted and quite often even when I didn't actually want it! Doing no exercise outside of my usually quite active job and thinking it was acceptable to skip breakfast, make up for it with a few biscuits and drink a couple of cans of full fat coke or bottles of lucozade throughout the day "for energy".. facepalm!! Back on track now hopefully :)
  • dorasworld
    dorasworld Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Big breakfast, big lunch, big dinner, very little veggies, plenty chocolate and lots of late night eating especially when drunk!!! 1 beer = 1 taco lol gross..!!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Im just curious about other people and why theyre here.
    What was a normal day for you before MFP?
    How many calories did you consume daily that made you think "omgosh! i need to watch what i eat!"

I've always been in decent shape, and was actually in great shape up until my later 30's. Recently though I've found I need to counteract the effects of age. Being able to eat what I want, when I want isn't working. And any day without exercise is one day slower.

I have been on My Calorie Counter since they started, but wanted something a little easier to manage. The wife liked the app so I am just doing that. I came to the forums just to blow off steam.

Best of luck with the changes!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Before:

About 3,000 calories per day +
    Diet high in carbs and saturated fats and sodium
    Serving of fruit maybe once per week
    About 1 serving of veg per day
    Lots of added/refined sugar
    Lots of soda
    Way too much beer
    No exercise
    Very little general activity

Now:

About 2,100 - 2,300 calories to lose .5 Lbs per week
    Lean protein and heart healthy fats make up about 60% of my diet
    Saturated fats @ or below DRV
    Carbs consists or mostly veg, fruit, and whole grain
    4-5 servings of veg per day
    2-3 servings of fruit per day
    Sodium in check
    Very little added/refined sugar
    Sodas once in a blue moon
    Still too much beer, but not as much as before
    Cardio 5-6 days per week...3 days intense, 2-3 days lighter cardio
    Weight Training 3x weekly
    Generally more active...take the stair instead of the elevator, ride my bike or walk to the grocery store if I don't have a trunk full to buy...walk the dog more...hike more...just move more in general.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    A normal day used to be a small breakfast, work, a huge lunch, get a ride home and a massive dinner, with plenty of munching on the side. I could have gone through a whole bag of dorrito chips, a 2litre of soda, plus dinner, and an after dinner snack no problem...having had a massive helping of chicken fingers and fries for lunch, alongside two cans of juice.

And fridays/saturdays! Boy howdy all that junkfood and slush drinks would be enough to make me sick if I ever tried to eat it now...I remember one day when me and a friend I had at the time went and bought $40 of junk food ala bulk, plus soda, plus slush drinks and we ate it ALL in two days. We were around 16/17.
    Nostalgia aside it was a wince-worthy event and we were both pretty sick afterward.