P90X series

Options
hey ive just ordered this series and want to know everyones views on it - i havnt done exersize every day for about 2/3 months now so am scared - i wana know whether people really really struggled at first, how quickly they found it easier, before and after photos etc??
:)

Replies

• fattyfatty_2x4
    Options
    I am currently doing it. I have just finished the first week of the second month. I really like it and I wouldn't say it is a struggle in a bad sense, you choose your own struggle! You pick your own weights and reps depending on your level of fitness. I hope you enjoy it!

It is also nice because the instructor always tells you that if you are struggling or out of breath to pause and come back, it makes me feel not so bad, lol!
  • adrabner
    adrabner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 right now and am loving it. I purchased the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells and since I cannot have a pull-up bar in my room, I also bought some bands.

I have lost six pounds so far, and I feel a lot more muscular. The hardest part for me was the first week. I was very sore and it was rather painful to move around. After that week though, I am not sore at all. The plyometric video can be rather difficult and Tony admits it's the "mother of P90x videos".

Like he says though, "Keep pressing play" and you will absolutely see and feel results while also using MyFitnessPal to watch your calories.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i have been doing p90x for a year now, i am on my 4th round 6th week of it. It never gets easier... you learn how to do the moves but you should always be challenging yourself to lift heavier and do better then the last day.... I love these DVD's cause i dont have the option to go to the gym... working out at home is my only option. The first week will defiantly be the hardest, you are going to feel sore in places you never thought you would feel pain in LOL but after the first week it doesnt hurt quite as bad and your body gets use to working out and you learn how to have better form as the weeks go by.

If you are serious about getting into shape and seeing good results do not give up, just do it, even on days that you dont feel like you have the energy do it anyways! and always try your best.

I have photos in my album you can send me a FR if you would like another p90x girl for motivation. I accept FR's only from the ladies :)