5'6 ish women- How much did you lose in your first weeks?

Options
When you first started dieting and working out, how many pounds did you lose in your first few weeks? and what was your starting weight?

Replies

• Qlow
    Qlow Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm 5'6", I've lost 8 lb in the last 12 days, 12 days ago I was 146.6 lb, now I'm 138.6.
  • unicornhug
    unicornhug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Qlow- What is your calorie intake? and what are you eating?
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9 pounds since January 10. I'm 5'6" and started out at 158. Goal is 135, or perhaps a bit lower.
  • Demolady50
    Options
    I'm 66 ( I think age has something to do with weight loss) and lost 4 lbs. the first week. I've lost almost 10 lbs. since Dec. 27 th, The first week was the best for weight loss. I'm 5 , 5 and was 178 when starting.
  • toni_may
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my first week I lost 10 lb but I think a lot of it was water as I used to drink a lot of fizzy pop and swapping to water had me on the toilet a lot more!
    The past two weeks I've lost 2lb both week which I am very happy with as I have lost a stone in 3 weeks :).
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    When you first started dieting and working out, how many pounds did you lose in your first few weeks? and what was your starting weight?

263, and I lost 11 lbs in the first five weeks. I am at 211-212 now, and it just keeps going down. Doing nothing special, watching calories and exercising regularly. I eat gluten free and moderate carb (not high carb), with an eye on my sugar intake, though not eliminated... but this was more to deal with other issues I have. (I have celiac disease and thyroid issues)

My macros are set to 1 lb a week now, though I started at 1.5 lbs a week, and still losing around 2 lbs a week despite a smaller deficit. I know it will slow down closer to goal but happy with the progress so far.
  • calisunrise
    Options
    i'm 5'6 1/2 and i lost about 3-4 lbs in my first week
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I didn't weigh myself for 2 months when I started, but in that time I lost 10 pounds. I only had 15-20 to lose, so I was pretty happy with that! Started out at 140 lbs, and I'm just shy of 5'6".
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    When I first started I dropped about 15 lbs the first month, ten the next, then gained ten somehow, then lost 15 by the end of 3months.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I didn't take it too seriously in the beginning but I think it was like 12lbs or so in the first 4-6 weeks. (these report graphs really suck on here, wish they would change it to a list.) but mostly water and such im sure. And then another 6lbs. Then I kicked it into gear of April of last year, exercising and such, and am less than 1lb from my original goal. I've lost many inches as well.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    hi 38 and 5"6 , about a kilo a week throughout, 2.2 pnds a week took 10 weeks to get to goal from end of sept to dec, the little if everyday was like today, message was pretty accurate too :) goodluck you can do it. (Id already lost 2 kg before i got serious about losing the rest)
  • unicornhug
    Options
    Thanks guys :) you're so helpful... I suppose I'm just being impatient... I want to see 10 pounds gone a week... I suppose that's not realistic- :P Good luck to you all on your journey to health and fitness! :D
  • terilou87
    terilou87 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i lost about 10lb in first 2 weeks , im 5"6 and started at 236lb :)
  • laurenashleah
    Options
    I'm between 5'6 and 5'7 and I've lost 14 pounds since the middle of January. Crazy! Probably a lot of water weight, but I don't really know how it works. Since I started myfitnesspal a week and a bit ago I've lost 4, so thats pretty good.
  • wickedwendy6
    wickedwendy6 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    46 yrs old. 5'6 precisely. Starting weight 77 kgs. Consistently lost 1 kg per week. Now at 69 kgs.

Don't be impatient (easier said than done, I know), slower weight loss is MUCH healthier. You'll get there. :happy:
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and started a week ago at 224. I've lost 4.5 lbs just on diet. I haven't been working out yet.
  • Qlow
    Qlow Posts: 92
    Options

My weekly average is around 1000 cals/day, thanks to my diet.
    What I'm eating...I try not to be hungry, so I eat a lot for lunch and dinner.
    For breakfast I usually have some fruit and a toast or fruit and a hard boiled egg. But I rarely eat bread at all, maybe 2-3 times a week and only 1 slice wholemeal. For lunch I make a huge fruit salad (portion size is not relevant) out of bananas, allpes, pears, grapes grapefruits, anything I feel like. 2 times a week I have a huge vegetable salad with one piece of grilled chicken or tuna and I cut it and put it in the salad. Sometimes I put cottage cheese and eggs instead of meat. For lunch mostly vegetable salad and some white meat grilled and fruits after. I drink a lot of tea and 1 coffee in the mornings, without sugar or milk. If I can't drink the coffee black, I use some skimmed milk.
    And thats it, for snacks I have weightwatcher's double chocolate cookies (2) or apples.
    I do light cardio every day or 30 mins on the elliptical trainer,and now I'm planning to do the 30 days shed

Good luck, and never starve yourself, just be careful what you eat.
  • unicornhug
    Options

My weekly average is around 1000 cals/day, thanks to my diet.
    What I'm eating...I try not to be hungry, so I eat a lot for lunch and dinner.
    For breakfast I usually have some fruit and a toast or fruit and a hard boiled egg. But I rarely eat bread at all, maybe 2-3 times a week and only 1 slice wholemeal. For lunch I make a huge fruit salad (portion size is not relevant) out of bananas, allpes, pears, grapes grapefruits, anything I feel like. 2 times a week I have a huge vegetable salad with one piece of grilled chicken or tuna and I cut it and put it in the salad. Sometimes I put cottage cheese and eggs instead of meat. For lunch mostly vegetable salad and some white meat grilled and fruits after. I drink a lot of tea and 1 coffee in the mornings, without sugar or milk. If I can't drink the coffee black, I use some skimmed milk.
    And thats it, for snacks I have weightwatcher's double chocolate cookies (2) or apples.
    I do light cardio every day or 30 mins on the elliptical trainer,and now I'm planning to do the 30 days shed

Good luck, and never starve yourself, just be careful what you eat.

That sounds AWESOME right now im eating around 1200 calories- I do 30 minutes of cardio after breakfast- I feel like im not eating anything though- I feel like eating dairy and bread is a sin- I have been eating a lot of beans and spinach.. and its not fun... maybe i will try incorporating some more exciting things into my diet... Im having a hard time being creative food-wise. You have some pretty awesome foods in there.. maybe i will add tuna to my salads :D Thanks!
  • unicornhug
    Options
    12617571.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods