Down 9 lbs and discouraged

Options
Good morning all:

So, I am down 9 lbs since I joined back in February and today I am feeling discouraged. I have been sick with strep throat for a couple of weeks and maybe that's part of it, I don't know. I don't feel thinner, and I don't feel like I look thinner, I don't know. I know that for a plus 200lb girl that 9 lbs is not a big loss, but really I thought I would feel or look at least a little different.

I apologize for whining this morning, but this is getting me down a little.:frown:

Have a great day,
Cheers
jewel :flowerforyou:

Replies

• VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Jewel,

Keep on keepin' on... you've already noticed a fit change with your pants, and that's fabulous!

And sometimes weight does a weird thing when you're more active- fat converts to muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat... I know my mom goes to the gym four days per week, eats really really healthy, and in the last three months, has lost only 6 lbs. Her trainer tells her that this is her body's way of changing, and it WILL eventually begin to show.

*hugs*
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i hear ya! you're not alone, we all feel discouraged sometimes! i just made a post similar to this last week :)

Being sick can really run you down, physically and mentally.

maybe try kick starting yourself again, first by making yourself feel better.

to ANYONE, 9 pounds is a big deal !!!! its hard to lose 9 lbs, so you are obviously doing something right!

Maybe go out and enjoy this spring weather and the extra hour of daylight, by walking or jogging. play music you like, do something that makes you feel sexy, wear an outfit that makes you feel good, drink alot of water....
    i dont know why but when i feel down doing these things makes my mood better and then i can get back on track!

you ARE on the right track, we all feel unmotivated sometimes, but remember you have got to choose to be happy and choose to be successful, and you already are, so keep it up ! :)
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Aww, jewel. Hang in there. Your average loss is still about 1 1/2-2 lbs a week. That's pretty great.

So it might a little while to do this right. Stick around.

p.s. A lot of your posts made me lol, we need your sense of humor.
  • xchrysalisx
    xchrysalisx Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one feeling discouraged lately
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    I know you can do it, you're the reason i'm here; my inspiration. No pressure :flowerforyou:
  • cindyrey
    cindyrey Posts: 53
    Options
    9 POUNDS IS ALOT, SO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I TOO AM FEEL DISCOURAGED. i LOST 13 POUNDS IN FIVE WEEK, BUT I HAVEN'T LOST ANY IN A WEEK AND HALF NOW.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, Jewel! We are all here for you. I don't know if this impacts you, but it does me. I LOVE to watch Biggest Loser and I find that, while it is inspiring, the weight loss numbers they show are unrealistic for us day to day people on this journey. It's not that I think we can't lose the weight, but the dramatic results they see each week are part of the tv hype. It's real, but it's not real day to day, week to week life. So, when my numbers are low or slow, I start to get down. My husband has heard me complain several times about this for sure! But he keeps reminding me to plug away and it will happen. It will happen for you too.
    Risa
  • xchrysalisx
    xchrysalisx Posts: 101
    Options
    There are way more inspirational ppl than me here honey

anyhow ... you are doing a great job so far ... keep it up

:flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched:
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Start taking progress pictures...that way every month or every time you lose 10lbs you can look and actually see the difference. I just did, and it made me feel so much better...that these last 7 weeks trying to lose 10lbs wasn't for nothing. Keep up the good work! I think it's awesome that you're still losing while sick with strep!
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    Start taking progress pictures...that way every month or every time you lose 10lbs you can look and actually see the difference. I just did, and it made me feel so much better...that these last 7 weeks trying to lose 10lbs wasn't for nothing. Keep up the good work! I think it's awesome that you're still losing while sick with strep!

That's a really good idea, i thought about taking a before picture (which i didn't do) and my measurements which i still haven't done either.

Thanks, everyone for your words of encouragement

Cheers :drinker: jewel