REALLY need help :(

Options
hey guys i'm desperate for help. I have done the counting calories but when i decided i liked my weight i lost control and started eating well over 300 a day on my goals (the problem is i live in south america and the food we typically eat is rice, potatoes, etc.) so its been really difficult to maintain (my husband is from here so he LOVES all that food)

I have tried the south beach diet (and the dukan diet) since i gained all my weight back (im around 150 now, i had gotten down to 135-140) I am tallis (5'5-6) and im not big built but i carry all my weight in my hips and legs. but anyways back to south beach and dukan, I have had 3 attempts to start each of the diets but i am a person that if i don't feel full i get really nauseous (spelling? lol) and on the diet ive never made it more than 5 days without quitting because it made me MISERABLE. i have a 1 year old and my husband works a lot so i just don't have the time to be sick. can anyone help me to figure out how many calories i should be eating? i feel really lost. last year i lost like 15 pounds eating 1200 calories or less a day. but i don't want to be eating that little. can anyone help me out?

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Search in the forums for "In Search of a Road Map 2.0." It will tell you everything you need to know, but here's the short version.

The important thing is not to think of this as a diet. The important thing is to make sustainable, long-term changes that will allow you to lose weight and keep it off without feeling miserable or deprived. The best way to do that is to track what you are eating, and making sure you are eating enough while still eating fewer calories than you burn.

So how do you know you are eating enough? The absolute minimum you should be taking in is your BMR (basal metabolic rate), which is the number of calories your body needs in a day just to stay alive.

Just as sort of an aside, there's no reason to give up rice and potatoes. What logging will help you do is to understand what nutritional value you get from such foods and how many calories are in a portion so that you can make better choices on how to incorporate them into your diet.
  • nicolo333
    Options
    mmmm i can't find it :( but ill look for the BMR results and try it from there

thank you!