Need advice from men successful cutting body fat %!

Options
Hello! I'm looking for advice from men about how to decrease body fat %. I'm asking for my husband! Right now my husband is about 5'9" 164lbs and around 15% body fat (this is an estimate). In high school (about 8 years ago), he was as low as 8% BF, but this was basically because he played all types of sports and was constantly active (he ate like crap). He'd really like to get back down to 10% body fat or less, but doesn't really know the best and most efficient way to go about it. Right now, he's doing some lifting and shorter distance running (only about 2 miles at a time--he's going for speed for the APFT).

So, any advice you have about what worked for you guys would be great---both diet and exercise advice please!

Here are some pics that may help you decide what type of advice to give. Thanks in advance!

15oysuq.jpg

5ov5gm.jpg

333wxnn.jpg

Replies

• ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump--hoping to catch the attention of a guy with advice to share by bumping this up on the forum list :)
  • ryuage
    ryuage Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The advice should really be no different for a male/female.

move more/eat less

Lift heavy and a calorie reduction is always a great place to start =)
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    He looks about 14 to me. Go read some on bodyrecomposition.com. There's lots of good fat loss articles
  • htimsm87
    htimsm87 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What is his bf% currently? He looks pretty healthy the way he is. He will probably need to look into more bodybuilding specifics to cut more. A good site with a lot of common sense info is: https://www.burnthefatinnercircle.com .
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    What is his bf% currently? He looks pretty healthy the way he is. He will probably need to look into more bodybuilding specifics to cut more. A good site with a lot of common sense info is: https://www.burnthefatinnercircle.com .

He believes he's around 15% (this is just an estimate based what he knows he's been at before and our scale which we know isn't really accurate.

Thanks for the helpful links! I'll pass them onto him and get him researching!