Holy crow, I'm overweight!

Options
All in all, to reach my goal weight I'll have to lose 65 lbs...

I'M HALFWAY THERE!

I didn't realize it till now that I passed the halfway mark this morning!!

I know to most people my success is pointless - some people lose hundreds... (my final goal weight will be 95lbs down from SW)but still! I dropped 5 sizes in that 32lbs! AND TO TOP IT OFF...

... I am no longer considered "obese" by my scale!! 61lbs of body fat left to go! Today is awesome. Hopefully I don't ruin it tomorrow with the Superbowl! (Go Ravens!)

Replies

• winterswish
    Options
    Congrats!!

I was reading the BMI chart the other day trying to figure out how far I needed to get to drop out of the 'obese' catagory myself. Because let me tell you, when it happens, I'm going to make a big loud fuss at my doctors office and make sure it is noted on my chart.

I does sound funny, but it will be a day to celebrate when I can say "Hell yeah! I'm overweight!!" :)

Keep up the good work. :)
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    That is a major milestone, and not pointless at all!

I've also got my "category weights" memorized and have them as two of my mini-goals. For me it's 191 lbs to get below 30 BMI (overweight but not obese), and 159 lbs to get below 25 BMI (normal range)
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be overweight either! Go Ravens!!
  • cathers_
    Options
    Congratulations! I did a calculation on this and think I've got 17lbs more to be overweight. When that happens I'm gonna buy myself a big treat. (Non food based!)
  • FlannelMothman
    FlannelMothman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I was going to buy a pair of pants or something too, but I'm not out of my current size yet :( But it felt so strange telling my boyfriend today "Huzzah, I'm overweight!"
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Excellent - well done to you. It's so great to meet milestones like that which are so important for our future health. Let us know when you get to "healthy"!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Your success shouldn't be pointless! You worked hard for that loss!! Don't diminish it!! :drinker:
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That's a great milestone. I remember being super excited when I became "overweight", funnily enough more excited than when I crossed into "healthy". I think there's a big difference between labeling yourself as overweight as compared to obese.

So enjoy it!
  • Sara2184
    Sara2184 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That's not pointless at all. In fact, that's my starting goal weight & when I hopefully reach it, you'll see me in the news "crazy lady screaming I am overweight for days"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!