Worried about working out after hysterectomy

Options
I'd appreciate any input on this. There doesn't seem to be any clear answers on when to start doing more strenuous workouts. I hear horror stories about injuries and I don't want to go down that road. Right now I'm 2 1/2 months post op and doing Walk Away The Pounds three times a week with 1 lb weights. I'm eager to do more strenuous workouts because my energy level is great, but as it is I have some minor aching/discomfort after working out. I understand that I could feel some pain for months after surgery but I don't know if the pain means I've done too much and need to take it easy or if it's just a part of the healing process. I can't seem to get a clear answer from my Dr. He cleared me from all restrictions at my 6 week post op appointment.

I know that every case has its differences but I'd appreciate hearing any thoughts from you ladies who have been there done that.

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    It totally think its one of those listen to your body thing. My surgery went incredibly well, it was vaginal, I had ran a half marathon 2 days before it and only missed the day I came home from the hospital from work. After 4 weeks I was released to begin running, I was back doing my pervious fitness routine 6 weeks later and ran another half marathon 2 months later. However, I have a friend that is 6 weeks out, was released to workout and is still having pain and cramping. I think it can really take a good 6 months for everything to really feel back to normal internally. Just think of it this way 3 months to 6 months when you have years and years to get extra fit and stay healthy. IMO, Brazil Butt Lift is one of my favorite programs and would be an awesome start, you can keep it low impact and get your body moving.
  • starfish475
    Options
    Just take it slow I started with Pilate and Yoga...don't push..all in good time