Random scans for foods

Options
Hey all! I love the food scanner on the mobile app but have noticed that it is occasionally very far off (in very humorous ways). My best randomly wrong scans are - Butter (for a recipe) which scanned as a box of chocolate eclairs, and a carton of milk at my work that scanned as mashed potatoes and gravy from KFC (I was wondering why that single-serve carton of milk was so many darn calories).

Anyone else? I can't be the only one this happens to.

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at how it worked on my iPad one day and it scanned my hand as a food item, so figured it wasn't too reliable.:noway:
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    How many calories are in a hand according to the app? lol
  • bethanykf
    Options
    How many calories are in a hand according to the app? lol

Just in case someone wanted a hand sandwich it would be good to know. :)
  • 0atmeal_queen
    Options
    That doesn't happen to me so you must be using some weird ingredients or odd store brand or something..
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    In the UK I see it quite a lot, probably because the same bar code is being used on different products in different countries.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    In the UK I see it quite a lot, probably because the same bar code is being used on different products in different countries.

That was my thought. Im in Aussie and I'm guessing its a different thing in the US.

I just correct it cuz we all know Aussies are always right....right? :tongue:
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It happens to me from time to time. I rescan and am usually fine :)
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    Store brands = cheaper so that's what we stock the fridge and pantry with.

I was wondering if anyone else had really crazy ones though. Seriously...a name brand carton of milk showing up as KFC mashed potatoes and gravy was hilarious. lol