EMERGENCY HELP!!!

Options
Help! I only have 500 calories left for the day. It is 6PM on saturday night! I want to go out and have fun and drink of course but I also want to eat especially a cupcake. What can I do? Which drink has the least calories and will effect me the least?? Any cupcake and hummus recommendations? Will drinking sabotage my weeks of work? I weigh in Monday!

Replies

• bubbli71
    Options
    Gawd!! ditch the cupcake and limit yourself to 4 drinks, if youre drinking a spirit, mix it with diet soft drink. And all alcohol will affect you as it slows down your metabolism.
    We all need to go out and have fun, just have a good night!
    drink heaps of water tomorrow to flush the booze out of your system
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    A half pint of rum is 480 calories. Enjoy the liquid dinner.
  • _Punjab
    Options
    http://collegecandy.com/2013/01/24/drinking-calories-liquor-drunk/

^^^^Check this out. It's a "get drunk not fat" infographic

(and remember that mixers add a lot more unnecessary calories and sugar to an already unnecessary beverage. Stick with tonic water, diet colas, etc)
  • dancindoc508
    dancindoc508 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Whenever this happened to me I would work out quickly to burn extra calories! Is that a good way to handle these situations?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't recommend cupcakes and hummus. :tongue: Not together, ew. LOL

One night of going over isn't going to ruin or undo your progress. Don't go crazy, but have your cupcake, have a drink or two (try to drink a glass of water in between maybe?), and enjoy yourself. Then get back on track tomorrow.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Eat 1/2 cupcake. Drink lite Beer or have 1 mixed drink & stretch it out, then drink water & have another drink & stretch that out. Do lots of talking & laughing & mingle a bunch & soon that drink in your hand isn't all that important because you're having loads of FUN! Who says you have to drink alot to have FUN, jus sayin.... :smile: :happy:
  • AussieTrainer
    Options
    Why are you losing weight?? Do you NEED to meet your goal in a certain time frame or can you be happy with taking the night off? Imo have fun, eat some protein, eat half the cupcake, drink vodka w a low cal mixer, and exercise a lot tomorrow. :)
  • PrayerMiracle
    Options
    and if you're going to be dancing, that can burn a lot of cals :)
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Such a first world problems post.

Just go have fun. Up your exercise tomorrow if you want.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    How is this an emergency????!!! Just have a drink and eat a cupcake......one night won't ruin weeks of hard work.
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    I think you should just enjoy your night!
    If you stress about what you can and can't eat you are going to have a miserable time. Just make tmrw a good day.
    However for drink choices I usually go with Vodka water lime. The calories aren't as bad.
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    "EMERGENCY"

:noway:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Shots!

If you go over your calories, so what. It won't ruin all your hard work. You may be a little bloated Monday though if you have too much sodium.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Getdrunknotfat.com
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to why you need to drink to have fun - are your friends uninteresting?

However - just have fewer drinks. Skip the frou frou girly stuff - that's where a lot of calories are hiding. Have the cupcake.
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    "EMERGENCY"

:noway:

Ha, my exact response!
  • GiantsGetDevoured
    Options
    Eat 2 cupcakes and drink non alcoholic beer.
    Getting drunk is stupid.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Eat 2 cupcakes and drink non alcoholic beer.
    Getting drunk is stupid.

No one drinks non alcoholic beer.
  • GiantsGetDevoured
    Options
    They need to.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Don't have the cupcake. Drink low-cal.

In the future, when you're planning to go out that night, make sure you stick to low cal during the day, and do a workout so that you save some calories for going out and drinking with friends.

People chastising her for drinking... seriously? Were you never young?