1 month results - with pics and thoughts.

Options
lonnieh2
lonnieh2 Posts: 28 Member
I know I'm just getting started but I promised myself I would upload these pics after a month to motivate myself and maybe motivate someone else. Not the most flattering but thats the point. I'm going to try to post pics once a month.

These are my pics after 1 month of working out and eating better. I have lost between 10-13 pounds so far. You cant really tell from the front but you can from the side. I tend to gain weight through the middle....legs to chest so you don't really notice me gaining or losing until it gets dramatic. I will tell you I have moved three notches on my belt and I have noticed my body changing for the better after just one month. And I haven't been that strict. I had my birthday thrown in and ate whatever I wanted and even took off working out for a few days. But I got back at it.

Here are some thoughts I thought I would share.

1. Rest and working out GO HAND IN HAND. I find that if I make myself go to bed early and get at least 8 hours...I feel more like working out the next day and don't feel compelled to use the excuse of "I'm too tired".

2. The first 3 weeks are the hardest. I have had to start and stop working out several times due to injury. I find that the first three weeks are the hardest and after that my body seems to start to adjust and everything just starts to get easier and I have more endurance. So stick it out for 3 to four weeks and you will start to feel it.

3. I am learning that I can still eat what I like...just not all at once. Instead of the whole cupcake..I just take a bite. And then another bite the next day. I still get a taste...but I stay under my goals with calories but don't feel deprived.

4. The myth of NOT STOPPING. I'm the kind of guy that wants to see results right away. So I would get down on myself when I couldn't jog for long or would have to stop and catch my breath mid workout. I've learned that it doesn't matter. If you have to stop...stop. Then get back at it...soon as you can. The workout science says that interval training in the most effective kind of workout anyway...so starting...pushing yourself...and stopping....then starting again is the way to go. Eventually the breaks and stops get less and less but only if you keep going.

5. Breaking up my workout. I used to think that I had to have a whole 45 minutes to work out. I've learned that sometimes it's easier to do 20 minutes in the morning...and 20 minutes at night. Or if I'm pressed for time...I do 10 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night. The point is...everyone has 20 minutes here and there...no matter how busy you are. Just do it....make it fit you life day to day. Even if it's 10 minutes at a time...4 times a day....It all counts.

That's all I have for now. My goal is to lose 40- 50 pounds. My workout is walking/running 4 to six miles a day. Friend me if you want to support each other as we all try to get back in shape. The success stories keep me going. Good luck to you all.

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q735/h2adv/1_month_front_zpsfed71b94.jpg

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q735/h2adv/1_month_side_zps50936b3f.jpg

Replies

• purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I know I'm just getting started but I promised myself I would upload these pics after a month to motivate myself and maybe motivate someone else. Not the most flattering but thats the point. I'm going to try to post pics once a month.

These are my pics after 1 month of working out and eating better. I have lost between 10-13 pounds so far. You cant really tell from the front but you can from the side. I tend to gain weight through the middle....legs to chest so you don't really notice me gaining or losing until it gets dramatic. I will tell you I have moved three notches on my belt and I have noticed my body changing for the better after just one month. And I haven't been that strict. I had my birthday thrown in and ate whatever I wanted and even took off working out for a few days. But I got back at it.

Here are some thoughts I thought I would share.

1. Rest and working out GO HAND IN HAND. I find that if I make myself go to bed early and get at least 8 hours...I feel more like working out the next day and don't feel compelled to use the excuse of "I'm too tired".

2. The first 3 weeks are the hardest. I have had to start and stop working out several times due to injury. I find that the first three weeks are the hardest and after that my body seems to start to adjust and everything just starts to get easier and I have more endurance. So stick it out for 3 to four weeks and you will start to feel it.

3. I am learning that I can still eat what I like...just not all at once. Instead of the whole cupcake..I just take a bite. And then another bite the next day. I still get a taste...but I stay under my goals with calories but don't feel deprived.

4. The myth of NOT STOPPING. I'm the kind of guy that wants to see results right away. So I would get down on myself when I couldn't jog for long or would have to stop and catch my breath mid workout. I've learned that it doesn't matter. If you have to stop...stop. Then get back at it...soon as you can. The workout science says that interval training in the most effective kind of workout anyway...so starting...pushing yourself...and stopping....then starting again is the way to go. Eventually the breaks and stops get less and less but only if you keep going.

5. Breaking up my workout. I used to think that I had to have a whole 45 minutes to work out. I've learned that sometimes it's easier to do 20 minutes in the morning...and 20 minutes at night. Or if I'm pressed for time...I do 10 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night. The point is...everyone has 20 minutes here and there...no matter how busy you are. Just do it....make it fit you life day to day. Even if it's 10 minutes at a time...4 times a day....It all counts.

That's all I have for now. My goal is to lose 40- 50 pounds. My workout is walking/running 4 to six miles a day. Friend me if you want to support each other as we all try to get back in shape. The success stories keep me going. Good luck to you all.

1_month_front_zpsfed71b94.jpg

1_month_side_zps50936b3f.jpg
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Amazing results in such a short period of time. You look great. Congrats on your success.
  • Missjuly7
    Missjuly7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • lonnieh2
    lonnieh2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks..appreciate it.
  • astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great job ! You have some great insight into some ideas I share also and think you should continue to move forward. Never give up remember we are doing this for us ! :)
  • Charweezie
    Charweezie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    awesome job!! i think im gonna do the same for more motivation!!!!!
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    wow :bigsmile: and loved reading your tips, much needed motivational stuff for me thankyou :smile:
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    huge difference! you look great!
  • kellyrae1189
    kellyrae1189 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is an amazing difference already! Keep at it, you have some good tips there too. I agree with your philosophy of "not stopping". Whether you stop or not doesn't matter, it's if you keep going that counts! :)
  • gfiorine
    gfiorine Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great tips for not getting down on yourself. I just started again after 4 months of not working out and eating wrong. I had dropped 25 pounds by watching what I eat and going to the gym 4-5 times a week. I gained 15 lbs back over the past 4 months and need to get myself back to the gym and eating better. Good luck getting under 200. I'd love to get there too. I've got 33 lbs to go
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!