Eating when I'm not hungry

Options
Hey

Just wondering if it's ok to eat when you're not feeling particularly hungry in order to make up calories? It's just I was currently at about 500 calories before my dinner, and didn't feel hungry but I figured this was far too low and so made myself eat something. But should I have listened to my body and not ate?

Replies

• thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    As long as you are not pushing yourself to discomfort I would definitely eat if my calories were that low. Often I don't feel hungry, but I eat when I am due. I have never had a problem fitting it in. You could just have a light dinner and evening snack to make up the difference. (healthy snack of course)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat if you're not hungry and you've only had 500 calories all day! If you don't, you'll probably be FAMISHED the next day and end up eating wayyy more than you should. This happens to me sometimes.
  • Dayspringwriter
    Options
    Keep it up, you can do it, I am here for you. First, we need to quit asking God to help us lose weight because too many of us have lost weight only to find that we gain it all back. What we need to ask Him for is Deliverance from poor eating habits. Start buying lots of fruit, so when you're tempted to eat because its there, just eat some fruit that way you will be eating good food! Life is about committments, and our committments can develop you or they can destroy you, but either way, they will define you. Remember: We become WHATEVER we are committed to!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    A Psychologist told me that with true hunger... the first thing that you crave is meat! anything else... is emotional :)
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    One thing I have in my house for those nights is nuts (almonds for me). i will have nuts and a glass of milk. Takes care of my calories and is nutritious :smile:
  • vjh431
    vjh431 Posts: 38
    Options
    bread & tortilla chips are good calorie fillers if your running short and not particularly hungry.:happy: