flattening your belly

Options
So i know one of the hardest things for most people to change is how flat their stomach is. I am looking for some suggestions fo rhow to achieve flatter one! I know like anything it will take a lot of hard work and commitment but i am determined. This is one of my problem areas and since im finally content with my actual weight i need to focus more on specific spots. Anyone have success in this area and can share things that have helped...or not helped!??

Replies

• SnivyToast
    SnivyToast Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There is no way to spot reduce, so just keep at it!

However building muscle in the area will help as well. If you don't already, heavy weight lifting will help to build up muscle in your core. Look into a program like Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5.
  • ct52577
    ct52577 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a six week six pack workout DVD.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    lift heavy.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Core work, then more core work, and then add some core work. That will get the muscles. Here are some to start with from the Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/core-strength/SM00047&slide=3

Diet also plays a big part. You can have killer abs, but if there is a layer of fat on them it won't show. You can't spot reduce fat so the name of the game is dropping BF% and that happens with a nutritious diet and a well balanced fitness plan (strength and some cardio).
  • dbrooks82
    dbrooks82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Core work, then more core work, and then add some core work. That will get the muscles. Here are some to start with from the Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/core-strength/SM00047&slide=3

Diet also plays a big part. You can have killer abs, but if there is a layer of fat on them it won't show. You can't spot reduce fat so the name of the game is dropping BF% and that happens with a nutritious diet and a well balanced fitness plan (strength and some cardio).

Thanks for the link! I think i will start trying it out, seems like an easy and simple starting point :)
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    lift heavy.

BOOM.