Day before a 1/4 Marathon....

Options
to run or not to run- that is the question.
The day before my first 1/4 marathon do you suggest I run, cross train or simply take it easy to rest up for the run. NOTE: the run is in the evening so I would have all day to rest up as well......
Also, seen as it is in the evening- what do most people suggest you eat mid afternoon? something that will give me energy without wieghing me down.....

Replies

• mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Rest today. Light yoga and stretching. Whole grain pancakes with fresh fruit in the a.m. For lunch, whatever is a typical pre-run meal would probably work. Something like a turkey sandwich or peanut butter sandwich (on whole grain bread of course!), so that you're getting protein and carbs.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how your body normally responds to running. I always take a rest day before a race or a long run because I feel stronger and my muscles less fatigued. But I'm sure some people would say they like an easy run the day before as well!

As for the pre race eats- my favorite by far is a banana with all natural peanut butter. Carbs, natural sugar, protein and healthy fat all in a delicious snack! GOOD LUCK and have fun!!!!:drinker: