5kgs lost.. But calories lowered!!

Options
I have just lost 5.4kgs n surprisingly my goals have been automatically reset by MFP, n m asked to cut down on some calories.
Now, I have read everywhere that as u lose weight u should eat closer to your maintainence. I still have a long way to go (around 30kgs more to b lost) bt all I wanna know is, should I customise n reset my goals on a higher calorie goal or let it be the way MFP has set it for me? Please help!

Replies

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    The lighter you are the less calories you burn in day to day life (just walking around etc) which is why MFP takes that into account and lowers your calories each time you lose 5kg. I'm not sure why yours was automatic though, MFP always asks me before it does the reset.

Once you reach goal your maintenance will probably be less than what MFP is allowing you right now if you're going to lose more than 30kg.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Oh, so to answer your question don't increase the calories yourself unless you have a particular reason for doing so.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    MFP did automatically reset for me as well after every 10 pounds lost. For now since it's working I say stick with it. But if you stop seeing success after a couple of weeks, then you try something new.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    MFP has lowered my calories with every loss I've recorded and never asked my permission. I like that it does that.