Beautiful Blues 3/23/10

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge19.JPG

Here's to a new week! I have gotten back on the band wagon getting up early and exercising again. Now to get back to the eating better part. I can't wait until I have all the boxes unpacked and we are really moved in. That will be a great day! For now I will just keep going and see what I can get done!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Chrissy- Awesome job on your race this weekend. You are great!!!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I hate being this mad. I don't want to do anything. I put in my cardio but just didn't want to do it. I tried to push past being mad but i just had to turn it off. I was not putting any effort into it I was just to irritated and all I want to do is sit here and stew.maybe I will be back into it tomorrow.
  • smadag1
    Options
    hubby and I did play catch in the yard so I did get some exercise in but it is not what I was suppose to do today oh well tomorrow is a new day
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    smadag - I am really sorry to hear about your husband's job loss, particularly following so close on the heels of yours. I will pray that tomorrow will be a brighter day for you and yours.
  • msh0530
    Options
    I have upped the intensity (not the time or distance) on my swimming for the past two days, and I AM TIRED! However, I know that this too shall pass, and I will be able to do that much more. A year ago, although I swam a fair amount, I could not do more than one lap of the crawl stroke, and it had me panting and wondering if I could make it. As of this week, I am swimming 1/3 of a mile several times a week, and 80% of it is the crawl stroke! I am hoping to make it 100% within another month or so. Hope all are doing well, and here's to smart choices!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Mary - Awesome job. I know the feeling of starting out not being able to complete something, and then slowly getting better, faster, stronger. Such a great feeling to accomplish something that you weren't able to complete previously.
    Keep up the great work.

Debnu - WTG - Almost back to normal, glad to see your getting back in the groove.

Have a great day everyone.
  • MayLan
    Options
    HI all,

msh- Wow, great accomplishment!! It's these moments that allow us to see how far we have come!!

smadag- Keep your chin up, and I hope that things turn out better for you.

Today I have increased my calories by about 100 because I have noticed that maybe my body needs more food. I'm also going to try to have my heavy carb meal at lunch instead of dinner. I want to see if having a light dinner without much carbs will also help the weight loss.

My workout plan is to do Insanity Max Interval Plyo for 60 minutes of crazy work out.

Have a good day all!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Hubby is a little depressed and just wants to sleep right now so I am just going to be supportive right now. He has an oportunity with a company he is going to check out tomorrow He is really hoping to get this job, if not he will start calling over the road trucking companies on Monday. Either way he will have to go back to being on over the road truck driver again.

That will give me a chance to do a lot of working out and really change my body while he is gone and show him a new baby girl that will have a body he will be proud of.

I am suppose to do sholders and arms today but since this week has been so hectick I think I am going to do cardio X and probably skip yoga tomorrow and do either Kenpo or core depending on time.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have been meaning to write this for over a week now and just never sit myself down and do it. The last month hasn't been the best for me. I went into the hospital with suicide intentions. Since then I haven't been on top of what I have been eating. Hate to say this but I have gained weight back since everything has happened. I was concentrating on my mental health however now its time for me to start concentrating more on my physical health again. I want to work myself back into the calorie diet and also exercise. I have been taken of several meds and put on new meds so my body has been adjusting to that also. Ugh that alone is a process. I'm feeling better and I'm ready to get my 5k done with this summer can't wait to do that run for sure. I'm asking for your help again.

Thank you so much

Jessie
  • msh0530
    Options
    Jessie - I am sorry that things have not been good for you, but glad that you were able to go somewhere and get help. I spent my entire career (32 years) working in a psychiatric hospital, so I am well aware of the struggles that mental problems can cause. Concentrating on your physical health will be a good thing to make you feel better about yourself. However, please continue to seek out help, and do not forget that your mental health needs attention also! Please know that I am praying for your happiness and health, and if you want to send me a message to talk more about it, I am willing to listen. You don't have to carry your burdens alone. Stay strong, be active, and follow your doctor's advice. We are here for you. Mary
  • MayLan
    Options
    hi all,

jg- Glad you are okay. Definitely keep being positive and know that your family is there for you and we are also here for you.

So my weight is finally moving after starting to eat my exercise calories and I've also changed my meals so that my heavy carb filled meal is at lunch and dinner is a salad with protein. I've also changed my meals to include 5 meals a day so that I'm eating every 2-3 hours. I like the sound of that.

In a little bit I'm going to be doing Insanity Max Recovery, since today is recover day. Wohoo!!!

Keep positive all and have a great day!!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Keep working blues. We're all facing struggles but if we give up on ourselves, we've lost our battle! I have had a tough month with dealing with all my mom's stuff but I am making it, holding my own. Use your workouts as stress releif!

HUGS to everyone!
  • smadag1
    Options
    This year is not being good to me.

Hubby and I crashed our Harley Last night so I will be on the sidlines until probably monday recovering. Not hurt to badly but my knee ankle and neck are sore and I have a big cut on my back so I am going to take it easy until I can move better again.

I did get in a workout yesterday so that was one good thing that happened yesterday
  • msh0530
    Options
    I am so sorry that so many of us are struggling, but hope that sunshiney days are on the way for all.

On a lighter note, I put some pictures from our warm then cold camping trip on my profile if you are interested.
  • MayLan
    Options
    HI Blues,

msh- Great pictures camping!!!! Warm weather and snow!

Hugs to everyone and hope everyone has a good day.

My abs are sore all over the place from my workout yesterday. I'm going to push through it today and get it done. My plan is to do Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning & Cardio Abs for a total of 62 minutes.

Keep strong blues!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hello Blue team
    Very quiet week. Hope everyone had a great week.

Almomay - You'll like your abs afterwards, pain is great. Doing Ab ripper, I can't even come close to keeping up with Tony, but each day, I can do little bit more.

I got some awesome news for myself yesterday as we went shopping to pick out some wedding clothes and found out that I fit in Medium shirts now and 34" pants. I used to wear XL shirts and had hit 40" pants.

My new wardrobe of shirts can start. wooo hoooo...
    I can get rid of my old shirts now, as I was still wearing my XL shirts and the odd Large shirt.

Stretch X today.
    Hope everyone has a great day.
  • smadag1
    Options
    Peter that is great news

My body is finally starting to feel better after our crash I can move my head without my neck hurting so tomorrow I can go back to P90x. I think I am going to start it over since I did not do it on a regular basis and have the momentum now to do it regularly. I am either going to go running today or do some yard work depending on how I feel later
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I've been busy with the workouts and using all the motivation I have right now as momentum to keep me going.

tthumper- Awesome job on all your hard work. It must feel amazing to fit into smaller clothes and now your new body will show off more. Definitely do not wear those bigger shirts anymore because your new body won't show, and because I think people tend to gain weight when they wear larger clothes. All in all, show off that new body of yours. You rock!!

smadag- Glad you are doing better after your accident. wHew, it seems it has been a crazy month and week for you. So definitely take it easy and start slow. You know, as they say, "slow and steady wins the race".

I'm so pumped because I just ran outside and I jogged for 30 minutes straight and walked for 30 minutes. The thing is that I actually wanted to keep running, but I decided to not over-train myself because I have never jogged outside for this long. About 7 months ago I tried jogging outside and I could only jog for 5 minutes straight. So now that I'm almost done with Insanity, I feel that Insanity has helped my endurance and I just feel fearless. Here's to us blues and to accomplishing anything!

Make good choices everyone and enjoy your day!!!
  • msh0530
    Options
    If anyone is interested in hearing the bell choir that I direct (and my husband and daughter play in), check out our anthem from this morning. Scroll to the bottom - the name of the song is "Easter Exaltation."
    http://www.1stcc.org/music.html
    Happy Palm Sunday!
  • msh0530
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi before I head to work. My exercise plan today is a late afternoon after work swim session, followed by my least favorite exercise in the worl - several hours of house cleaning.

Happy Monday to all!